Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation Speaker Volume Control

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 11:00 AM
Default Navigation Speaker Volume Control

When using the navigation system for directions the voice commands come out of the front left soeaker only and the remaining soeakers continue to play whatever it was currently playing at the same volume !

Is there a setting to have the nav unit turn down the audio for whaverever is playing before announcing the navigation directions ?

Old 10-23-2017, 11:41 AM

I looked for it too but can not find it. it is very annoying that the music suddenly comes in mono format when the navigation voice kicks in.

Old 10-23-2017, 01:50 PM

Thanks - My concern is that I miss what the navigation is telling me because the music was too loud, My previous car turned down the music before giving any navigation directions or phone calls !

Old 10-24-2017, 05:25 AM

Sorry but we're stuck with this stupid design. I really can't believe that Mazda designed the Nav to use one speaker and not turn down the volume of the others in order to hear the voice. Really stupid.

Old 10-30-2017, 03:24 PM

I drive a 3-1/2 months old CX5 GT with Nav and I am not happy with this, too. If the music I'm playing is loud, I may miss navigation instructions! Another reason why I won't probably buy a Mazda with a Nav option again. But then again, I will miss some nice tech options like adaptive cruise control because they always bundle this in a package!

Old 11-01-2017, 09:30 PM

When the radio is on w/o the nav voice, the volume controls the radio. But when the nav voice comes on, the volume control will control the nav voice. So just crank it up when the nav voice is on.

I hope that answers the question. Took me a bit to figure that one out.

Old 11-03-2017, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by MetsFan
When the radio is on w/o the nav voice, the volume controls the radio. But when the nav voice comes on, the volume control will control the nav voice. So just crank it up when the nav voice is on.

I hope that answers the question. Took me a bit to figure that one out.

This is covered in the owner's manual but it's still a stupid design.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:34 AM

Thanks - I'm aware of how to adjust the nav's volume but was searching for hopefully a solution to why the nav doesn't turn down the radio before giving navigation instructions. I've found this feature is not available so the best work around is to use my I-phone's Google map. Once blue toothed to my radio it turns down the stereo before providing navigation instructions, rather then my radio and navigation playing / talking at the same time ! Also I can leave my car's map displayed so I don't have to look down at my phone and I can change or load addresses from my phone's contact list much easier !

Old 03-31-2023, 08:24 PM
Question How do I get my Audio on Navigation to talk to me

About a month ago the audio on my Navigation System stopped talking to me.
It shows me the maps and the turns but I can't get it to talk to me so I can hear it.
I have the setting in Guidance on
The Volume setting for the Navigation is turned up (when I test it I hear the lady say "this is the volume your navigation will be"
I know that I can change the volume of the navigation while the lady is talking to me. But I don't know when she's talking to me to try and turn the volume up.
I have emailed Mazda twice and have yet to receive a response.
Do I have to take it into the Dealership? The car should be still under warranty.

Old 04-01-2023, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by gleime
About a month ago the audio on my Navigation System stopped talking to me.
It shows me the maps and the turns but I can't get it to talk to me so I can hear it.
I have the setting in Guidance on
The Volume setting for the Navigation is turned up (when I test it I hear the lady say "this is the volume your navigation will be"
I know that I can change the volume of the navigation while the lady is talking to me. But I don't know when she's talking to me to try and turn the volume up.
I have emailed Mazda twice and have yet to receive a response.
Do I have to take it into the Dealership? The car should be still under warranty.
I would take it in. Let them deal with the issue.

Quick Reply: Navigation Speaker Volume Control