Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Navigation?

  #1  
Old 01-02-2017, 07:01 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: elkridge
Posts: 1
Default Navigation?

Hello everyone! Today I purchased a used 2014 CX-5 Touring vehicle. I love it so much. I am trying to figure out the navigation system. During my test drive I noticed that the navagation system did not work when I clicked it. The dealer said I would need to take it to the Mazda dealership. When I looked up more information I saw there is an SD card and everything near the left side of the drivers door. However, my vehicle, in the same spot, does not have the memory card technology. Instead there's an empty space. Is this something the previous owner removed or broke/took out? I am guessing that the SD card is needed for the navagation to run. If anyone could help that would be great thank you!
 
  #2  
Old 01-03-2017, 06:19 AM
Conrad 16.5's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 114
Default

Yes, the SD card is required. What does your owner's manual say about the system in your car?
 
  #3  
Old 01-25-2017, 07:58 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 145
Default

Are the Mazda SD cards on ebay for < $100 any good or are the knockoffs?
 
  #4  
Old 01-25-2017, 08:51 PM
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 30
Default

The sd card slips into a little device on the lower left of the dash. It has a door that slides left/right. If that is missing then you need that or there will be nothing to connect the card to the Tom Tom system.

I thought that all 2014's came with the device but you had to buy the card to use the nav. I was told by the dealer that only they could activate the device but I went to a very squirrely dealer to buy the car and cannot trust anything that they told me.

Let us know how this comes out, OK?
 
  #5  
Old 01-28-2019, 01:34 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Roanoke
Posts: 4
Default

I have a question on this subject. I just bought a used 2014 CX5 Grand Tour. The navigation is not working. I get a white screen that says something like "no maps found". There is a SD card in the slot. The dealer (not a Mazda dealer) told me I have to update the SD card, or buy a new card. I did find some cards on Amazon, but I am unsure if they will work as the description does not include the 2014 CX5. Also the part number on the Amazon card is one letter different than the part number on my card. Part number on my card is BHP1 66 EZ1D. The part number on the Amazon card ends with a J. I sure don't want to pay $400 to Mazda for a new card. While it would be nice to have the in dash GPS working, I am not adverse to sticking a Garmin on the dash, or using my cell phone if I can't get this fixed for a reasonable amount.
Thanks for any help.
And, so far, I am very happy with this car.
 
  #6  
Old 01-29-2019, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Queensland Australia
Posts: 3,396
Default

D vs J is just a supersession of #BHP1 66 EZ1

If in doubt, ring a Mazda dealer parts department & ask them about the card number you found.
 
  #7  
Old 01-29-2019, 11:11 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Texas
Posts: 7
Default

I got one on EBay for $42, worked well...
 
  #8  
Old 02-06-2019, 06:46 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 28
Default

Originally Posted by Pfestus1 View Post
I have a question on this subject. I just bought a used 2014 CX5 Grand Tour. The navigation is not working. I get a white screen that says something like "no maps found". There is a SD card in the slot. The dealer (not a Mazda dealer) told me I have to update the SD card, or buy a new card. I did find some cards on Amazon, but I am unsure if they will work as the description does not include the 2014 CX5. Also the part number on the Amazon card is one letter different than the part number on my card. Part number on my card is BHP1 66 EZ1D. The part number on the Amazon card ends with a J. I sure don't want to pay $400 to Mazda for a new card. While it would be nice to have the in dash GPS working, I am not adverse to sticking a Garmin on the dash, or using my cell phone if I can't get this fixed for a reasonable amount.
Thanks for any help.
And, so far, I am very happy with this car.
Guys, the card at Amazon will work. I bought one for my son's 2016 Mazda-3 and he is happy with it. Much cheaper than the dealer. It is the same thing. You just have to follow the instructions.

Have a great 2019.
 
  #9  
Old 02-06-2019, 10:00 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Madeira, Ohio
Posts: 124
Default

Originally Posted by firefox111 View Post
Guys, the card at Amazon will work. I bought one for my son's 2016 Mazda-3 and he is happy with it. Much cheaper than the dealer. It is the same thing. You just have to follow the instructions.

Have a great 2019.
The nav on his 2014 may be quite different from the one on the 2016 as they changed the entire system.
 
  #10  
Old 02-07-2019, 07:12 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 28
Default

Originally Posted by schmieg View Post
The nav on his 2014 may be quite different from the one on the 2016 as they changed the entire system.
That’s right. 2016 is different system as 2014’s. The one I bought for my son is clearly marked for 2016 - 2017 Mazda
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Motormouth
Mazda3
3
01-27-2014 11:31 AM
Schoofy
Mazda5
2
01-03-2007 11:40 PM
Charles fm TN
General Tech
0
08-30-2006 03:48 PM
hockeytribute
Mazda Tribute
0
03-27-2006 06:24 PM
lellosuper
Mazda3
0
01-01-2006 06:09 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Navigation?


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.