Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Navigation Fix Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 12:17 AM
Default Navigation Fix Wanted

When driving my 3 I have found that Mazda made it impossible to input destination information into the navigation system unless you are stopped. This is more than inconvenient and I'm wondering if anyone knows how to modify the system so I can make inputs while driving.
Thanks

Old 08-18-2006, 12:32 AM
Default RE: Navigation Fix Wanted

all navigation systems are like this. when you push accept when it starts up you are saying that you wont do it anyways....very stupid and yes inconvient, but i doubt there is a way to get around it. it would require modifying the software that the navigation runs off of.

Old 08-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Default RE: Navigation Fix Wanted

I have a Garmin Street Pilot
As long as I dont Hit ok when it shows the disclaimer and just wait for it to move to the next screen on its own(usually a few seconds, a minute at most, I think) I can change route info while I drive. Maybe this will work for your navigation system as well
This may also be due to the fact it didnt come with the car and I bought it afterwards.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by esloyer
all navigation systems are like this. when you push accept when it starts up you are saying that you wont do it anyways....very stupid and yes inconvenient, but i doubt there is a way to get around it. it would require modifying the software that the navigation runs off of.
This is not correct. There are multiple navigation systems that allow you to input information while driving. This feature is even more absurd when driving with a passenger SOMETHING THE CAR DETECTS (airbag and safety belt) Even if they wanted to have this absurd feature they could have implemented a by-pass when a passenger is present. But anyway, you can dial a 12 digit phone number, scroll continuously between radio stations but not input an address or some other even simpler commands?