Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mazda forward brake support infotainment system near or far

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 10:28 AM
Default mazda forward brake support infotainment system near or far

Can anyone explain the sub menu in the setting sections of the infotainment under forward brake support. in the sub menu you can select "Far, med, or Near" Which one should I select to have the "Brake" light come on as soon as possible. or explain what the difference is I have a 2016.5 CX-5 grand touring...
look forward to some explanation or help
thanks

Old 02-27-2018, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator

What does it say in your owners manual?

Old 02-27-2018, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
What does it say in your owners manual?
The owners manual does not talk about this sub menu item. The owners manual only describes how to activate the automatic braking system

Old 02-27-2018, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by happysam
The owners manual does not talk about this sub menu item. The owners manual only describes how to activate the automatic braking system
Not familiar with the Mazda system, but the Jeep system has FAR as sensing the potential obstacles farther away from you, starting the braking operations earlier while the NEAR option waits until you are much closer. Some have reported false warnings from the FAR setting, but the NEAR setting tends to a more more violent, sudden brake reaction. I keep my Jeep set on FAR.

Old 02-27-2018, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by schmieg
Not familiar with the Mazda system, but the Jeep system has FAR as sensing the potential obstacles farther away from you, starting the braking operations earlier while the NEAR option waits until you are much closer. Some have reported false warnings from the FAR setting, but the NEAR setting tends to a more more violent, sudden brake reaction. I keep my Jeep set on FAR.
Thank you for replying to my question about the auto braking system in my Mazda. Really do not want to test the feature unless it is necessary. But I will assume the FAR and NEAR setting is the same as yours and will set mine at FAR.
THANKS AGAIN

Old 02-27-2018, 06:41 PM

Thank you for replying to my question about the auto braking system in my Mazda. Really do not want to test the feature unless it is necessary. But I will assume the FAR and NEAR setting is the same as yours and will set mine at FAR.
THANKS AGAIN
Hope you don't have to test yours either. My first test in the Jeep came when the guy in the left lane ahead of me while I was in the right lane decided to perform a quick right turn. It worked well.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:40 PM

Can anyone explain the sub menu in the setting sections of the infotainment under forward brake support. in the sub menu you can select "Far, med, or Near" Which one should I select to have the "Brake" light come on as soon as possible. or explain what the difference is I have a 2016.5 CX-5 grand touring...
look forward to some explanation or help
thanks
Default setting is MED in our 2018 CX-5 and for the time being I left it that way.