Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Mazda dealer experiance

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by geekgwk
My recent experence with Horne Mazda was not positive. I purchased a Cabin Air Filter from Amazon. I could not figure how to instal it, so I called Horne to ask if I could come by & have someone show me how to instal. The rep was quite abrupt indicating that I had to remove the door, etc, etc. He didn't seem to be willing to have me come in for assistance. Expected a lot better from a Mazda dealer.
I'll have to side with the dealer as well. If you get an aftermarket part, you should expect to be on your own. There are a ton of You Tube videos that will take you through it step by step,

Old 11-15-2022, 09:35 AM

The service rep didn't even gove me the option of bring it in & charging me. DON'T GUESS ON WHAT MY EXPECTATIONS WERE!!!!
Thats called PARTS LIABILTY. Most service shops (all of mine) if you bring them in they will state that on the service order and also explain that the there is no warranty coverage. Dealerships as far as all the dozens that I know will not install customer brought in parts. The except may be if they are an OE part but don't bet on that either. So its no wonder they did not offer to install it for you. Its not POOR CUSTOMER SERVIVE regarding a DEALERSHIP!

Old 11-16-2022, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
No need to shout.
Please tell us, if not getting free advice from the dealer, what were your expectations?
I expected the rep to have me come in and assist a customer. & I there was going to be a charge, let me know.

Old 11-16-2022, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Chris!
I'll have to side with the dealer as well. If you get an aftermarket part, you should expect to be on your own. There are a ton of You Tube videos that will take you through it step by step,
After review the You Tube video a number of times, I still could not figure out how to install. I guess customer goodwill has gone. BTW: if there was a charge I would hace accepted this.

Old 11-16-2022, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Thats called PARTS LIABILTY. Most service shops (all of mine) if you bring them in they will state that on the service order and also explain that the there is no warranty coverage. Dealerships as far as all the dozens that I know will not install customer brought in parts. The except may be if they are an OE part but don't bet on that either. So its no wonder they did not offer to install it for you. Its not POOR CUSTOMER SERVIVE regarding a DEALERSHIP!
IAll I was asking for was some assistance in getting access to the area where I COULD REPLACE THE CABIN AIR FILTER. I would then istall the filter MYSELF! BTW: What is the name & location of your shops. I want to make sure I avoid them.

Old 11-16-2022, 08:54 AM

After review the You Tube video a number of times, I still could not figure out how to install. I guess customer goodwill has gone. BTW: if there was a charge I would hace accepted this.
I recommend to go back and read all the responses again in this thread! Maybe you will understand why Dealers DONT install customer brought in part of none OEM aftermarket parts?

Old 11-16-2022, 09:09 AM

After review the You Tube video a number of times, I still could not figure out how to install.
Changing a cabin filter is one of the easiest things to do on this vehicle.
It may sound a bit harsh, but if you have seen videos or read how to replace the cabin filter and you still cannot do it, then you have zero ability to do maintenance on your vehicle.
Leave it to pros, which means you will need to find a dealer suitable for your way of thinking about dealers.
Good luck.

Old 11-16-2022, 09:21 AM

I recommend to go back and read all the responses again in this thread! Maybe you will understand why Dealers DONT install customer brought in part of none OEM aftermarket parts?
READ MY POST: "I called Horne to ask if I could come by & have someone show me how to install" I only reuested THEY SHOW ME. Youu might be a good mechanice but your reading shills leave a lot to be desired..

Old 11-16-2022, 09:43 AM

READ MY POST: "I called Horne to ask if I could come by & have someone show me how to install" I only reuested THEY SHOW ME. Youu might be a good mechanice but your reading shills leave a lot to be desired..
once again you didn't read what I said what was posted in this thread. lol. It does not matter if you called its all about what you asked. so who's readings skills are "SHILL"? lol

Oh I am not a mechanic and have not been a mechanic in over 35 years. LOL I am an Automotive Master Technician! Current and certified L1&L2 for 35 years . (snobbery and boasting lol) there is BIG DIFFERENCE. This means I need to pay a fee and re-test every few years to hold that citification.

ASE

Last edited by Callisto; 11-16-2022 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-17-2022, 07:43 AM

once again you didn't read what I said what was posted in this thread. lol. It does not matter if you called its all about what you asked. so who's readings skills are "SHILL"? lol

Oh I am not a mechanic and have not been a mechanic in over 35 years. LOL I am an Automotive Master Technician! Current and certified L1&L2 for 35 years . (snobbery and boasting lol) there is BIG DIFFERENCE. This means I need to pay a fee and re-test every few years to hold that citification.

ASE
Dear mechanic: Sorry for my spelling mistake... 80 year old with fat fingers.

Quick Reply: Mazda dealer experiance