Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Mazda CX5 2012. SD card slot??

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2024, 01:39 PM
Gis
Default Mazda CX5 2012. SD card slot??

Mazda CX5 2012. Navigation button, but no SD card slot, I`ve searched. Would it work if I bought an SD card reader, the appropriate SD card map, and used the USB slot? Many thanks.

Old 04-02-2024, 02:11 PM

I believe it should be here on your car.

Last edited by Alexmed2002; 04-02-2024 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-02-2024, 03:05 PM
Gis

Thank you for your reply. Definitely no slot, I have looked thoroughly.

Old 04-02-2024, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Gis
Thank you for your reply. Definitely no slot, I have looked thoroughly.
Did you look in the arm rest?

Old 04-03-2024, 12:26 AM
Gis

Looked in every possible place. No slot. I really hope my question could be answered. Under the armrest is aux and usb. Thank you.

Old 04-03-2024, 12:30 PM

Your CX-5 is pre-Mazda Connect and if you got the right hardware LCD and a NAV button it works with TomTom Maps, the card slot is nowhere else but to the left of driver seat, LHD of course. If it's not there probably first owner didn't pay for the option.
Check this video:

Old 04-03-2024, 01:53 PM
Gis

Many thanks for your reply. I guess I don`t have Mazda connect. although my phone works through bluetooth, if that`s the same thing? A left hand drive yes. I`m assuming the way I suggested wouldn`t work? I watched the video, but not as yet much use to me. I appreciate you writing.

Old 04-03-2024, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Gis
Many thanks for your reply. I guess I don`t have Mazda connect. although my phone works through bluetooth, if that`s the same thing? A left hand drive yes. I`m assuming the way I suggested wouldn`t work? I watched the video, but not as yet much use to me. I appreciate you writing.
I have an older GT (2014) and it doesn't have Mazda Connect, but the phone works through bluetooth. I do have the Nav option and the SD card slot is just the the left of the driver's column, under the buttons to control various functions. I don't know of anyone who has retrofitted Nav into a radio that doesn't have the SD card slot or if it's even possible. You might have to get a new radio head unit for it to work. Maybe someone here has an idea.

Old 04-03-2024, 02:08 PM
Gis

Thanks to you too, for your reply. I guess I`ll just use my telephone GPS, which is fine. Just seems strange there is a NAV button but no card slot.

Old 04-03-2024, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Gis
Thanks to you too, for your reply. I guess I`ll just use my telephone GPS, which is fine. Just seems strange there is a NAV button but no card slot.
It's no different than the Sirius/XM button when the vehicle isn't equipped with the satellite radio option, but that generally can be added after the fact with a Sirius tuner and antenna.

Quick Reply: Mazda CX5 2012. SD card slot??