Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mazda App

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2022, 09:51 PM
Default Mazda App

When I picked up my new vehicle in May, Mazda provided use of their app for a portion of time.. One of the neat things is how it works as a remote starter. That has been fine.
My issue with the app--- a frequent notification of the driver door being open, when it isn't. I live in a condo, so going downstairs and finding the driver door is closed and locked, has become a pain.
Anyone else with a similar experience?

Old 09-27-2022, 04:08 AM

Refresh the application by swiping down from the top.
It takes a while since it has to go through walls, if it can penetrate them at all.

Old 09-27-2022, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Golfer72
When I picked up my new vehicle in May, Mazda provided use of their app for a portion of time.. One of the neat things is how it works as a remote starter. That has been fine.
My issue with the app--- a frequent notification of the driver door being open, when it isn't. I live in a condo, so going downstairs and finding the driver door is closed and locked, has become a pain.
This happens to me often. It's happened at least once while driving the car. I will try refreshing the app as noted above, but am curious to hear others' experience as well.

Old 09-27-2022, 07:55 AM

I appreciate the advice, but I dont understand what refreshing the app will do when I have already received a notification that my driver door is open.
My concern is when the alerts come are they fact or fiction. It happens pretty much daily. Why does it send out notifications that are not correct.

Old 09-27-2022, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Golfer72
I have had my CX-5 for about a year and a half. I tried at first to use the app, but there were too many notifications about the doors being open or unlocked which either weren't true, or which I didn't care about (since the vehicle was in my garage). I could not figure out how to stop those kind of notifications from the app, and so I stopped using it.