Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Highway Vibration & Shake

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 05:09 AM

I will be starting the florida lemon law on my car today.
I just took my car in for its first
5k oil change and while it was in i also told them it still vibrates, they said there is nothing they can do, ITS NORNAL ??
The second time i had my car in for the vibration they took 4 new tires off an identical
M3 i g/t and we road tested and it still had the vibration. So to me that would rule out tires and rim issue, but Mazda keeps on messing with rotation and balancing and road force balance.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:21 PM

a tech drove the car today with us and it did not go well. Claims were made that it was a particular road causing the shake at certain points of the drive, a few other minor shakes were "normal" and the overall conclusion was that this behavior was implied to be normal due to the cars new technology and lightweight nature.

I disagree with these claims and I have never had any other car in my 16 years of driving exhibit this behavior. My case is somewhat bizarre because it does not happen all of the time, so it is difficult to reproduce at will. Sometimes it shakes for a minute, then stops, other times it goes 2 miles without shaking. The rub here is what level of shaking and vibrating deems to be acceptable, which is insulting to me at this point. No new car should shake this much, period. Minor road imperfections should not upset the balance of this car and cause it to shake.

Regardless of this particular tech's opinion today, I have 3 prior work orders stating my concern, and every single one says dealer confirmed customer complaint, and attempted repair was "xxx" each time with no solution yet.

I am writing the certified letter to Mazda now starting the lemon law litigation.

I was basically being told today, "we don't believe what you are claiming, the car is designed to shake a little, and we can't replicate what you are describing". This is completely unacceptable.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Default Similar Problem With Another Vehicle

I bought another vehicle a few years ago and 2 weeks after I bought it, it wouldn't crank. Turns out the flywheel was bent. Had it replaced and then noticed the muffler was loose and rattling. Took it back to the dealer and found that two of the muffler hangers were broken. Had it fixed and about a week later, parked on a steep hill and noticed gas dripping from rear of car. took to dealer and found that the top of gas tank had a hairline crack across the top of it. Dealer replaced and researched why the vehicle had so many defects and found out that when it was delivered to the dealer, the transport truck had let it fall off the ramps when unloading. As a result, all the broken items resulted from the fall. Vehicle was recalled and replaced by dealer at no charge.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:39 AM

I'm from Spain and I'm interested as solves this problem.
I also I have it.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:18 PM

Any followup reports on these cases?

Old 07-22-2012, 03:19 AM

in Spain there are only two reported cases that I know.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Default Same problem with my CX-5, Seattle, WA

I wish I could have seen this thread before buying it.. I bought this July 1st week. I started noticing the noise when I drive w/o my music on. I see the mirrors & front panel vibrating when on the freeways, I could feel the vibration on my foot (thru gas pedal) and I get very bad vibration noise when I drive it at 10-20 mph speed.

I feel bad when I take friends for test drive; I always play my music loud so that they won't hear anything. It doesn't sound like a new car...

Does this problem exist in other Mazda models too? I've apt. this Tuesday with the dealer.. How should I deal with this? Should we be paying for this service?

Old 07-27-2012, 08:21 PM

It's uncommon on CX-5. No payment needed, covered under warranty

Old 08-01-2012, 02:49 PM

I just registered to post my experience with this issue. I purchased a CX-5 Grand Touring w\tech package 7-10-12. I dropped the vehicle off at the dealership this morning for the mirror and hood vibration. As well as the plastic clips that hold the leather on the front portion of the driver seat bottom since they keep popping off. Also on that seat where the insert meets the side bolster in the upper section there is a white thread that holds them together showing through, the rest of the stitching in that area is black, go figure.

My service rep called me a little while ago and said Mazda is aware of the mirrors and hood issue and are working on a repair kit for the mirrors which sill be issued as a service bulletin when it is complete. The hood they have no fix for although it's not nearly as annoying to me as the mirror shake. They want the dealer to send them pictures of the seat in regards to the white thread where clearly black should have been used.

I will post back as things move along.

Bill

Old 08-10-2012, 11:22 PM

i sent certified paperwork to mazda mediation department. mazda contacted me right away. i told them i want out of this car and would consider the CX5. Went for a long test drive with 2013 cx5 GT tech package and could not believe the vibration. The salesman felt it too and quickely tried to change the subject. Dealership only had 1 black in stock, waiting for next shipment and will see how that drives. I loved the cx5 but if service can not get me a smooth ride there is no way i will be swapping out my 3 and getting the cx5. it seems to me after reading all these posts that Mazda has a serious issue here.

Quick Reply: Highway Vibration & Shake