Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Help! Need photo or diagram of plug wiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 05:10 AM
Default Help! Need photo or diagram of plug wiring

Hi folks, in need of some urgent help - can anyone provide a photo or diagram of the wiring for the power window plugs for a 2014 CX5? Or a picture of the instructions for the auto folding mirror kit?

Background - driver wing mirror stopped folding. Took it off to discover severe corrosion around the folding motor. Replacement mirror found and decided to fit the auto folding mirror kit at the same time. Here’s my mistake - I threw out the instructions afterwards! (Very unlike me and now kicking myself). New mirror didn’t fold so took a month or so to find another replacement. Fitted, locked the car, mirrors folded in, job done I thought! Unlocked the car and started up...nothing. So now the mirrors are permanently folded and cannot be unfolded, so I can’t drive anywhere. The power window fuse (7.5A) has blown. Replaced the fuse, instantly blew. So, decided to go back to stock and remove the auto-folding kit but I don’t know which pins in the connector to put the wires back into. I have a black, yellow/black, red/black and white/black wire. Pics attached of the wires and available positions.

Can anyone help me?

Old 08-08-2020, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator

Wiring diagram for 2012 CX-5. Australian market. RHD.

Old 08-08-2020, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Wiring diagram for 2012 CX-5. Australian market. RHD.
grim_reaper thank you so much! Although for the Australian model it looks like the UK wiring loom uses the same colours so I was able to match the wires to where they need to go.

The fuse no longer blows when I start the engine. Mirrors still not folding out so I suspect I’ve fried the switch, however power windows all working correctly.

Old 08-08-2020, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

Check the Mirror fuse

Old 08-08-2020, 07:37 AM

Fuse 10 in the inside fuse box is fine (7.5A). This is the one that was blowing before (I presume as wires were in the wrong place causing a short).

This fuse is now fine. All power windows work but the mirror dial to open/fold or move the mirror do not work.

Fuse 17 (also 7.5A for mirror defrost) is also fine and the BSM indicator in the mirror seems to be working as when I start the car it flashes up on the mirror.

So it looks like the component that isn’t working is the mirror dial.

Old 08-09-2020, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

What about fuse #2 Mirror?

Have you checked both fuse boxes? Engine bay & Cabin.

Old 08-11-2020, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
What about fuse #2 Mirror?

Have you checked both fuse boxes? Engine bay & Cabin.
Just to close out this thread, new switch arrived today and everything is working again, so I think I must have fried the switch with incorrect wiring when I first blew the fuse.

Thanks again to grim_reaper!

Old 05-04-2024, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Chilpepper
Just to close out this thread, new switch arrived today and everything is working again, so I think I must have fried the switch with incorrect wiring when I first blew the fuse.

Thanks again to grim_reaper!
Hi ​​​@Chilpepper , what switch did you replaced, the one that stays in the door that has also the windows up/down controls?

Thanks