Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlights and interrior dashboard lights flash when car is powered on until i start

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2022, 08:58 PM
Default Headlights and interrior dashboard lights flash when car is powered on until i start

Hello all.
so it's tricky to explain and I'm sorry if I forget to give enough details to give too much but here it goes,

CX 5 2019
When I get in the car, I unlock with my fob, and when I power ON, the car turns ON, but the headlights and all the interrior dashboard lights flash ( they don't flicker ) and they do flash until I gear to D and start to Drive. Then the everything is normal and the flashing stops.

I tried to google it but given my lack of choice of words with headlights flashing or dashboard lights flashing, the search always results to dashboard Engin light kind of results and problems
but there is nothing on the dashboard as far as those red or yellow lights that each have a meaning.

It's really the headlights and all LED lights on the dashboard that light up each dashboard board that flash in sync with the headlights.

Some extra info,
The Car drives fine, it has always been properly maintained as far as I know.
I have two FOBs and also two starter remotes
both FOBs seem properly synced
the starter remotes also do unlock the doors.

It almost feels like a silent alarm, that made me think maybe if I lock the car with FOB1 then unlock and start with FOB2 the car reacts with a silent alarm that only has flashing lights but it doesn't seem to be that neither.

I hope someone know what I'm talking about because it's got me baffles. And I would appreciate the assistance that could potentially avoid a visit to the dealer.

Any thoughts or questions are welcome.

Thanks

Old 10-02-2022, 07:08 AM

Being you are in Quebec you need to change the vehicle from English to French
Just kidding.
I have my horn disabled on my alarm and that is exactly what I get if the "alarm" is triggered.
You could try making sure your headlight switch is in the off position, though that shouldn't make any difference if it is an alarm.
Your FOBs should be ok as they are starting the vehicle but the only way to be sure is to check their programming with the dealer.
While there could be an issue with vehicle electronics, I would lean toward something being amiss with the remote starters.
I'm guessing they are aftermarket not OEM, they might possibly be causing the issue.
Hopefully someone else will chime in with a fix.
Let us know what you find out.