Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Evolving or devolving

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 04:52 AM
Default Evolving or devolving

I just checked, the trunk space of the 2016 CX 5. It is bigger than the 2020 CX 5. 34.1 Cubic feet for 2016 and 30.9 Cubic feet for 2020. I may be wrong on this one, but it looks like it got more rear seat leg room too. Also the power or the 2016 is more improved over the non turbo version 2020.
( video shows a 2018). I also don't hear about paint chipping as much on the older 2016 model. Did the CX 5 get worst over the years?.

Last edited by pcumby; 10-04-2020 at 06:11 AM.
Old 10-04-2020, 01:20 PM

Can anyone give their 2 cents on this?

Old 10-04-2020, 05:27 PM

Double post ops !

DELETED one of them

Last edited by Callisto; 10-04-2020 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-04-2020, 05:29 PM

Well you asked..... and I saw so many looking at this thread but no member wanted to chip ion. maybe this will wake them up? LOL

the power ratings given by MAZDA are for advertising only and are not considered in the industry to accurate and are not what is called certified a per the auto manufacture requirement when advertising power outputs. In other words WHO really knows what a MAZDA puts down on the black top?????? .

The video drag racing is at best a couple or few dudes/dudettes and the accuracy is far from reality. There are so many mistakes that were done in that video I am not sure how anyone could base any conclusion of accurateness form it.

The paint BS on the internet from what is actual empirical information is simply that. No one color chipped more then another. But in the DIY world it may be reported differently. RED seems to have gotten the most notice and response to what was not a point issue but a natural design of aerodynamics' that places some MAZDA models that have better aero dynamic's places the air flow over the front end causing more impact damage. What do you want better MPG or better paint protection. LOL You are the one that needs to decide what you want... really you dont need a bunch or DIOY deciding what you really want when picking put a new vehicle?

Old 10-04-2020, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Well you asked..... and I saw so many looking at this thread but no member wanted to chip ion. maybe this will wake them up? LOL

the power ratings given by MAZDA are for advertising only and are not considered in the industry to accurate and are not what is called certified a per the auto manufacture requirement when advertising power outputs. In other words WHO really knows what a MAZDA puts down on the black top?????? .

The video drag racing is at best a couple or few dudes/dudettes and the accuracy is far from reality. There are so many mistakes that were done in that video I am not sure how anyone could base any conclusion of accurateness form it.

The paint BS on the internet from what is actual empirical information is simply that. No one color chipped more then another. But in the DIY world it may be reported differently. RED seems to have gotten the most notice and response to what was not a point issue but a natural design of aerodynamics' that places some MAZDA models that have better aero dynamic's places the air flow over the front end causing more impact damage. What do you want better MPG or better paint protection. LOL You are the one that needs to decide what you want... really you dont need a bunch or DIOY deciding what you really want when picking put a new vehicle?
It's funny, but the over all length of the car isn't changed yet the cargo area as more space and it don't look like they took it from the back seat either , because it looks like it has more leg room in the back than mine.

Old 10-04-2020, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by pcumby
It's funny, but the over all length of the car isn't changed yet the cargo area as more space and it don't look like they took it from the back seat either , because it looks like it has more leg room in the back than mine.
I wouldn't know, I was responding with what you posted in the first response and mostly about the paint and that video reference?

Old 10-04-2020, 08:56 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Callisto
I wouldn't know, I was responding with what you posted in the first response and mostly about the paint and that video reference?
That's cool

Old 10-06-2020, 10:29 PM

One department the 2020 definitely checks is reduced road noise. Very important for me on my highway commutes.

Old 10-07-2020, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by mazda_nc_dude
One department the 2020 definitely checks is reduced road noise. Very important for me on my highway commutes.
During a few customer surveys one complaint was noise. So in the 202 they added a very small amount in area's that may contribute to road noise. But the MAZDA's are still one of the loudness producing vehicles for interior noise level of many other platforms and still a complaints by owners.

It still an east remedy if you choose, about 400 at most any stereo installation shops.

Old 10-08-2020, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by mazda_nc_dude
I have never driven a 2020 so I can't comment on the road noise, but comparing my 2019 signature to my wife's 2018 Honda Accord the Mazda is much more quiet. So if the 2020 is more quiet than 2019, then that is one area of improvement. Is there anyone that have own both a first generation and a second CX 5 and if so what are your thoughts?

Quick Reply: Evolving or devolving