Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Engine detailed

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 07:25 PM
Default Engine detailed

Not that a 6 month old; lightly driven engine is going to be a dirty mess and I have wiped it down quickly prior, but I decided to do a little preemptive engine care/detailing today. The engine was not terribly dirty, so it did not need a major cleaning, I used a simple quick rinseless wash and applied this product to the entire engine. https://detailarena.com/products/koc...smart_campaign
Simple spray on and let dry. Of course the wheels and tires were coated a few days ago, Not my best effort, as there remained some residue from an earlier coating, but it will suffice for now. And of course, a wash and topper applied on the paint....

Old 05-13-2021, 09:41 PM

Looks great!

Old 05-13-2021, 09:50 PM

SHARP! I really enjoying seeing another MAZDA owner as truly passionate about cleaning as I am!

Nice cleaning and attention to detail cleaning!

Old 05-14-2021, 09:28 AM

Well done!

Old 05-14-2021, 03:05 PM

That looks really nice. Thanks for sharing.......... Frank

Old 05-15-2021, 09:07 AM

Thanks All for the kind words. Yesterday I reapplied a second coat of CQUARTZ DLUX to the black plastic trim. It's a coating designed for wheels and plastics. Very easy to apply and should get at least a year out of it until re-application is needed. Now, all that's left to is prepare the windows for a glass coating. And of course, strip the coating off the tires with a strong tire cleaner and reapply a coating. This taught (I hope) me a lesson - doing full prep work - rather than taking shortcuts ends up having a job that doesn't look so good and takes more time to correct it.

Old 05-17-2021, 11:29 PM

You, my friend, have too much time on your hands. When can you stop by?

Old 05-18-2021, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by AZCX5
You, my friend, have too much time on your hands. When can you stop by?

Ha ha,good one. Now, it's on to wash, clay,wash and coat the glass. Then,sometime in the future,decon and recoat the tires.....

Old 05-19-2021, 06:46 AM
Default Coating the glass?

What are you using to coat the glass, and, more important, WHY? I'm sensitive to glass because I drove all the way across Texas in high winds in my previous car, and my windshield looked like it had been sandpapered afterward.

The only thing I've used on my windshields is Rain-X which does a wonderful job of shedding rain and other water, making it drain off in sheets. Love that stuff!

MiltB, Pompano Beach, FL

Last edited by miltbaker; 05-19-2021 at 06:47 AM. Reason: correct my typo
Old 05-19-2021, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by miltbaker
What are you using to coat the glass, and, more important, WHY? I'm sensitive to glass because I drove all the way across Texas in high winds in my previous car, and my windshield looked like it had been sandpapered afterward.

The only thing I've used on my windshields is Rain-X which does a wonderful job of shedding rain and other water, making it drain off in sheets. Love that stuff!

MiltB, Pompano Beach, FL
I have used glass sealants - this being the one that is still on now - https://www.detailersdomain.com/prod...-glass-sealant which works well. Lasts about 3-4 months. Works well.
What I will be using next is a glass COATING along with a precleaner - https://gtechniq.com/shop/auto/glass...on-screen-kit/ Supposed to last a year, I'll be happy for 1/2 that.

Why do I use them? Here's a quote that sums it up nicely:
Nanolex Ultra Glass Sealant is an advanced nanotechnology coating that forms a permanent barrier against water, oil and grime on automotive glass surfaces. This coating improves visibility, reduces the need to use windscreen wipers and screen wash and therefore makes for more comfortable, less tiring and safer driving in bad weather conditions. In addition, grime and bug splatter can be washed off easily and de-icing is much easier too. Raindrops are blown off by the airflow when driving speeds exceed 40 Km/h (25 mph).

There are plenty of other glass sealants and coating to choose from , I just chose these. But, like anything to do with detailing, your results will improve greatly if you do the proper prep work. I have always washed, then used a clay bar and sometimes a glass polish also prior to application. No need to fall into the detailing rabbit hole, just pick a good coating or sealant, do the prep, apply the product and your done.

Quick Reply: Engine detailed