Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

E15 - Soon They Will Be Shoving this Sh_t Down Your Throat

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2022, 09:00 AM
Default E15 - Soon They Will Be Shoving this Sh_t Down Your Throat

The White House also plans to roll out new policies aimed at attempting to curb gas prices. On Tuesday, Biden will announce plans for the Environmental Protection Agency to allow a blended form of gasoline that uses ethanol, known as E15, to be sold this summer.

=================================
I do NOT want this crap in my fuel tank and I do NOT want to drive up the price of staple foods around the World and starve people. I would rather pay subsidies direct to Farmers than have to buy this stuff at the pump. I don't even want E10. Am I wrong?

Old 04-12-2022, 09:56 AM

In fact, I think the current price of beef is insufficient for ranchers. So, I think we should buy up beef cattle, grind them up whole, ferment the mixture and produce some kind of 'witches' brew to put in your car. This is a bio-fuel and will help save the World. And it will drive beef prices up to where they really should be. Perhaps we can get to the point where some 40% of beef (as in the case of corn) goes for bio-fuels and not for food.

Old 04-12-2022, 12:42 PM

Can our cars run ok on E15? All is ran across said not to exceed 10% ?

Old 04-12-2022, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Subperson
Can our cars run ok on E15? All is ran across said not to exceed 10% ?
If the car is not designed to run on it, it shouldn't. Most manufacturers will void any warranties if it is used in a vehicle not designed to use it, which is most vehicles out there. I have three cars and only my Jeep Grand Cherokee can use E15, but, if I use it, I can expect about a 20 to 25% decrease in gas mileage, so the question is are you really saving anything.

Old 04-12-2022, 01:42 PM

Ok so if my Mazda CX is unable to use it and I have no choice? What options do we have?

Old 04-12-2022, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by schmieg
If the car is not designed to run on it, it shouldn't. Most manufacturers will void any warranties if it is used in a vehicle not designed to use it, which is most vehicles out there. I have three cars and only my Jeep Grand Cherokee can use E15, but, if I use it, I can expect about a 20 to 25% decrease in gas mileage, so the question is are you really saving anything.
Sorry to say that the purpose of the Ethanol program, from its inception, has been primarily to boost farm incomes.

Nothing else. It was never about 'fuel economy'. It was sold to the non-farm public as being about 'energy security'; i,e.,

having additional sources of fuel besides OPEC oil. But real purpose was to boost farm income. Do you have any idea

of what a huge industry was created around Ethanol? For no good purpose?

Old 04-12-2022, 08:31 PM

I was listening to the announcement about this " cutting " our gas with more ethanol or whatever 15 means-At Chevron now its 10% ethanol - as we all know - but the exact language I heard was they are going to " ALLOW " the increase or change - meaning the losening of the current regulation - my guess is not all manufacturers will do this and possibly top grade 91-93 -98 octane will be left alone and the new mix will be in the lower grades - I see Cheveron : etc - top grade fuels knowing people with Hp cars willfully paying more for high octane - the whole thing stinks but who would put that stuff in a supercar or even the high compression Mazda engines ? not me - plus there will be additives avalible as well - this admin is looney tunes -

Old 04-12-2022, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by diehard888
I was listening to the announcement about this " cutting " our gas with more ethanol or whatever 15 means-At Chevron now its 10% ethanol - as we all know - but the exact language I heard was they are going to " ALLOW " the increase or change - meaning the losening of the current regulation - my guess is not all manufacturers will do this and possibly top grade 91-93 -98 octane will be left alone and the new mix will be in the lower grades - I see Cheveron : etc - top grade fuels knowing people with Hp cars willfully paying more for high octane - the whole thing stinks but who would put that stuff in a supercar or even the high compression Mazda engines ? not me - plus there will be additives avalible as well - this admin is looney tunes -
I understand that some people will blame the current administration, but we would end up in a full week bar fight once we go down that road of Mr. T. vs. Mr. B.
And it won't be all that interesting a discussion, frankly. We have been having similar arguments since... I don't know.... 2015?

But anyway, Ethanol NEVER should have come into existence. It is an enormous industry that grew up with no good policy reason for it. Frankly, I think Obama signed off on it at one point, but I won't start discussing Barack Obama. The Senators and the Congressman from Farm States were ecstatic when requirements to blend Ethanol with Gasoline started. And, again, the purpose was to increase demand for corn (now to be demanded for human food (small use), animal feed (big use), and a constantly growing percentage of the crop going to produce ethanol. The percentage is now huge. I haven't googled it at this moment, but it is over 30% of all corn planted in the U.S. that goes to produce ethanol. If I am incorrect on that %, pls let me know. So, know you have three primary demands on corn (and there are other uses for corn; e.g. corn oil? corn starch? etc. etc.). And the aggregate demand goes through the roof. The price of corn goes through the roof. The price of fertile farmland in the Midwest goes through the roof, and the Nation's farmers benefit.

As I indicated, if it has merit, just make direct payments to America's farmers and don't make me put their corn in my gas tank. Just pay them whatever Congress decides they should be paid. (Of course, during a certain President's term, they were directly paid $10's of Billions of dollars, directly and repeatedly to make up for losses they suffered during our trade war with China. But that is separate from Ethanol and I break my rule about not getting into specific politicians.

Ethanol, and the huge industry that produces it, is a crime. It is the kind of stupidity that tells you why America won't be on top forever. Because if you can afford to create a multi-billion industry for no purpose other than to disguise your efforts to increase farm income, you can't stay solvent and on top for long. And you don't deserve to - because you are stupid.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by reubenvabner
I understand that some people will blame the current administration, but we would end up in a full week bar fight once we go down that road of Mr. T. vs. Mr. B.
And it won't be all that interesting a discussion, frankly. We have been having similar arguments since... I don't know.... 2015?

But anyway, Ethanol NEVER should have come into existence. It is an enormous industry that grew up with no good policy reason for it. Frankly, I think Obama signed off on it at one point, but I won't start discussing Barack Obama. The Senators and the Congressman from Farm States were ecstatic when requirements to blend Ethanol with Gasoline started. And, again, the purpose was to increase demand for corn (now to be demanded for human food (small use), animal feed (big use), and a constantly growing percentage of the crop going to produce ethanol. The percentage is now huge. I haven't googled it at this moment, but it is over 30% of all corn planted in the U.S. that goes to produce ethanol. If I am incorrect on that %, pls let me know. So, know you have three primary demands on corn (and there are other uses for corn; e.g. corn oil? corn starch? etc. etc.). And the aggregate demand goes through the roof. The price of corn goes through the roof. The price of fertile farmland in the Midwest goes through the roof, and the Nation's farmers benefit.

As I indicated, if it has merit, just make direct payments to America's farmers and don't make me put their corn in my gas tank. Just pay them whatever Congress decides they should be paid. (Of course, during a certain President's term, they were directly paid $10's of Billions of dollars, directly and repeatedly to make up for losses they suffered during our trade war with China. But that is separate from Ethanol and I break my rule about not getting into specific politicians.

Ethanol, and the huge industry that produces it, is a crime. It is the kind of stupidity that tells you why America won't be on top forever. Because if you can afford to create a multi-billion industry for no purpose other than to disguise your efforts to increase farm income, you can't stay solvent and on top for long. And you don't deserve to - because you are stupid.
I googled it. Forty (40%) of the U.S. Corn Crop doesn't feed humans or animals. It is made into Ethanol for your driving pleasure.

Old 04-12-2022, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by reubenvabner
I googled it. Forty (40%) of the U.S. Corn Crop doesn't feed humans or animals. It is made into Ethanol for your driving pleasure.
To simplify my point - I first became aware of the new intention to allow fuel manufacturers to alter the current fuel regulations we have here in the USA - more specifically as it relates to ethanol content -here on this forum !!

The initiator of the post , couched the information in terms which could lead one to believe there might be no choice except to use this potentially damaging blend to " our " ( Mazda owners ) vehicles , thus potentially damaging the engines / emissions systems etc , as well as possibly voiding warrantys -
What I later today gleand from the language used in this press release from DC , was that the guidelines for fuel blends would be ALLOWED to be changed ...during the upcomming summer months to help lower cost , but the key word was " ALLOWING " - which means to me they are not going to unilaterally just eliminate current gasoline blends , which are formulas that not unlike FDA regulations on drugs cost quite a bit of R& D $$ to make and get passed .
So we are not likely to see current gas blends ( for lack of a better word meaning chemical composition ) being eliminated ...but newer blends that are less expensive to make being allowed into the market -
Will they be " good " or " bad " - who knows - my opinion , of course

I believe - that if the people who say that ....things like this are a move towards stopping some carbon based emergency - then allowing patents to be produced ( example from the late Stan Meyer , who invented a simple combustion engine to easily be made to run on tap water) ...would focus on pushing the powers to be to allow the production this existing technology to be used - which also makes a transition so much easier and gives us a choice - If you are interested in this technology which Mr Meyer spent 20+ years , perfecting and patenting on March 19 1998 - ( he mysteriously died the next day March 20 1998 -the day after a lengthy battle to get it passed )
Please feel free do a simple search or check with the US patent office .

Quick Reply: E15 - Soon They Will Be Shoving this Sh_t Down Your Throat