Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

DPF check engine light. Help me for the love of god

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2022, 06:05 AM
Default DPF check engine light. Help me for the love of god

I was on the highway, 30 min before arrive home on a 4h drive. Pm light and and DPF inception in shop light and check engine light Came on. I Tried high RPM for 30 min extra didnt help. Tried to jump sensor to batterie negative to force regeneration but Im not sure im doing it right or its just not working. Its a Mazda cX5 2015 2.2. The shop wants 100Euro just to start regeneration and that might not even solve the problem. I beg you if Simone has an idee let me know. I read alot of forums and watch videos vit just not working. The car wont start the process.

Old 12-20-2022, 10:27 AM

Welcome to the forum

I am not sure where you read that technique service your did but I would stop doing that before you do damage possibly to the ECU?

Old 12-20-2022, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Welcome to the forum

I am not sure where you read that technique service your did but I would stop doing that before you do damage possibly to the ECU?

im not good with cars. But I try atleast to Dave money. If you search for DPF Mazda in youtube you Will find à handfull of videos doing just what I tried. But obvs wont try it again cos it didnt work. Anything els?

Old 12-20-2022, 11:19 AM

[QUOTE=Malori;210765]im not good with cars. ....... But obvs wont try it again cos it didnt work. Anything els?[/QUOTE]
Yes, wait for a response from member Grim Reaper he is good with diesels Mazdas and may have some advise.

Old 12-20-2022, 02:29 PM

[QUOTE=Callisto;210766]
Originally Posted by Malori
im not good with cars. ....... But obvs wont try it again cos it didnt work. Anything els?[/QUOTE]
Yes, wait for a response from member Grim Reaper he is good with diesels Mazdas and may have some advise.
Prob more and better advise than yours anyway so sure.

Old 12-21-2022, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

The vehicle needs to be booked into a mechanic for proper diagnosis.

Old 12-21-2022, 01:08 PM
Default Bring it in to a pro

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
The vehicle needs to be booked into a mechanic for proper diagnosis.
Grim Reaper is right, bring it in to a pro to look at.

Old 12-21-2022, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by THE CHIEF
Grim Reaper is right, bring it in to a pro to look at.
You are a funny guy CHIEF.... lol

I am so happy we have you here to back up our responses. hahahaha!

Old 12-22-2022, 12:58 PM
Wink So Glad you approve

Originally Posted by Callisto
You are a funny guy CHIEF.... lol

I am so happy we have you here to back up our responses. hahahaha!
You are easily amused ,and sarcastic even for a Californian .I am a semi harmless old gearhead . FYI I owned and operated Arizona Motorcar in Phoenix Arizona with my brother from 1995 to 2021 when we retired. I was a certified ADEQ technician for over 20 years. I have been involved and made a living with auto and truck repair and modifications since 1968 . I know a thing or 2 about auto and truck repair. I have built many high performance engines ,from Alfa to Chevy ,and pretty much everything in-between. I HS built a 1965 2100 pound Falcon 289 ci with a fiberglass fenders and hood that was a 12 second street driven car. My last B4 the CX5 was a 2014 Chevy Camaro SS 1 LE heads and cam car I modified that made 482 RWHP on 91 octane pump gas that did 11.56 1/4 times and 1G on a skid pad with street tires , that passed Arizona emissions. The reason I bought the 2023 Mazda cx5 was due to keeping my AZ drivers license and being able to get auto insurance. It looks like I am doomed to drive transportation vehicles ,and drive like the 72 year old old man I am.
Mandated Regen and EGR has made all diesel vehicles less desirable and more problematical.

Last edited by THE CHIEF; 12-22-2022 at 02:24 PM. Reason: ok
Old 12-22-2022, 02:20 PM

double posting I was not completed, and the internet dropped out. LOL

Last edited by Callisto; 12-22-2022 at 02:31 PM.

Quick Reply: DPF check engine light. Help me for the love of god