Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash full of Christmas lights... help

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2023, 05:41 PM
Default Dash full of Christmas lights... help

Wife decided to T Bone someone in her 7 month old car. Replaced the front bumper, one headlight, and hood. Wasn't major, but still cost 11K.

Get it back, and one of the other headlights started to get moisture in it. Wife drove it. Then came the AFS warning light on the dash. See image.

Took it back to body shop, they put in a new headlight. Cool so two new headlights.

Every time the car starts, the AFS light comes on. If you turn the light stalk to off, then back through all the settings to on it then goes off. However, the headlights dont turn when the wheel turns. Ok so maybe they put in a wrong headlight. Whatever.

Now, I noticed this happening in the video.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/St5dKnArAZyw5Gk4A

What the epic heck? Can an AFS sensor MIL make this stuff happen? I also had the windshield replaced today and re-calibrated. I only noticed the video stuff after the windshield. This is like a big can of worms.

I know i know... take it to the dealer. Been there. No one has ideas so I want to pick your brains.

Old 02-02-2023, 01:32 AM

Your insurance policy should cover all accident related repairs; you'll need the MAZDA dealer to rectify.

Old 02-02-2023, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Geluk
Your insurance policy should cover all accident related repairs; you'll need the MAZDA dealer to rectify.
Yup..... totally agree. This car has been back 5 times to Caliber whom bought the trusted shop I used to go to. They reassured me they were the same people. Nope. All new policies. Techs are not paid hourly but by the book so if they take longer than necessary they dont make money. They want to rush.

Here is what I have come up with so far:

The problem I have is the there are no modules to throw DTC codes for a center consol flashing lights. What I have done for that so far is disconnected the 20a fuse to the heated wipers. Made no difference. If thinking logically that fuse isn't even energized until a button is pressed on the dash triggering a relay somewhere. So if they messed up the heated wiper, one would not know until they used the wipers. The auto rain sensor, that I don't know much about. No fuse to it.

Faults for the headlight:

AFS/ALM (Adaptive Front Lighting System/Auto Leveling Module) FAULT

DTC B1D01:13 (general) [AUTO LEVELING CONTROL MODULE]

Additional Fault Symptom: Circuit Open

DTC Codes:

B1D01:13-8A

B1D01:13-48

DTCs are stored in the electrical supply unit (ESU).

Headlight LO (RH) circuit malfunction

Front combination light (RH) connector or terminal malfunction

Auto leveling control module connector or terminal malfunction

Short to ground in wiring harness between auto leveling control module terminal H and front combination light (RH) terminal N

Open circuit in wiring harness between auto leveling control module terminal H and front combination light (RH) terminal N

Front combination light (RH) malfunction

Auto leveling control module malfunction

This is probably from those tool bags leaving the car outside for two months in the rain and show with all the connectors dangling open. That or they cut something. This was a MINOR accident.

Old 02-02-2023, 08:26 AM

You have two issues going on now "headlights/windshield which requires a process of elimination.
A bad AFS sensor can cause the AFS light issue and possibly others.
They'll need to check the sensor and that they installed the "correct" headlight(s) in the proper manner.
Windshield replacement requires proper installation with computer reprogramming.
Have them verify they did the correct reprogramming and/or have them do it again.
Take it to another dealer or certified shop if you're not getting satisfaction at your current one.

Old 02-02-2023, 09:37 AM

windshield place does all the dealers in the area. mazda would even use them. glass place is pending a call back. they did recalibrate correctly as far as i know.

i am just going to send it to mazda. sux i cant get in until tuesday. sux i gotta miss more work. sux i have to have my car damaged by morons at dealerhsips.