Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cx5 cutting out ,stalling

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2023, 04:04 AM
Default Cx5 cutting out ,stalling

I’m after a bit of technical advice. Having a few issues with MyMazda. 2018 2.2 diesel , It’s now stalled three times. The first time was about a year ago, it’s stalled on the way to work it would not start and I had to get it recovered to the garage , the only error codes they could find was throttle body and back ABS sensor they reset them the car was fine , then about four months ago, coming out of the supermarket It stalled again this time after five minutes of winding over it finally fired up. , and last week on my way to work it just cut out and stalled again took a good five minutes of winding over and finally fired up , the only Code this time with key fob. The garage replace the key fob battery, but don’t think that was it , nobody seems to have any idea why it’s doing it. It seems to only be doing it after it’s been started and possibly when the engine is cold. I’ve had the battery tested and that’s absolutely fine. I’ve run some diesel cleaner through to see if it’s a blockage, but I guess only time will tell , just wondering if any got any suggestions that might help because nobody I speak to seems to have a clue , could it be the battery it tested ok but is 5 years old . 🤷🏻‍♂️

Old 05-21-2023, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Markafn
I’m after a bit of technical advice. Having a few issues with MyMazda. 2018 2.2 diesel , It’s now stalled three times. The first time was about a year ago, it’s stalled on the way to work it would not start and I had to get it recovered to the garage , the only error codes they could find was throttle body and back ABS sensor they reset them the car was fine , then about four months ago, coming out of the supermarket It stalled again this time after five minutes of winding over it finally fired up. , and last week on my way to work it just cut out and stalled again took a good five minutes of winding over and finally fired up , the only Code this time with key fob. The garage replace the key fob battery, but don’t think that was it , nobody seems to have any idea why it’s doing it. It seems to only be doing it after it’s been started and possibly when the engine is cold. I’ve had the battery tested and that’s absolutely fine. I’ve run some diesel cleaner through to see if it’s a blockage, but I guess only time will tell , just wondering if any got any suggestions that might help because nobody I speak to seems to have a clue , could it be the battery it tested ok but is 5 years old . 🤷🏻‍♂️
Not a diesel guy but...
Get a new garage/new mechanic to look at it.
Could be glow plugs, fuel filter, fuel pump, air filter, clogged lines, defective sensors, or any host of other problems that a diesel engine may have. Find a good diesel mechanic.

Old 05-21-2023, 09:39 AM

Resetting the DTC did nothing to correct the issue. My suspect is that they were not very well trained in L2 diagnostics? Take it either to Mazda or a shop that has a ASE Tecnican with a L2 certification.