Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CX5 Air Conditioning and Hot Weather

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 10:15 PM
Default CX5 Air Conditioning and Hot Weather

How is the CX5 air conditioning perform in hot humid weather characteristic of the southern mid Atlantic areas of Virginia, and the Carolinas? The wife is considering a CX5 as a replacement to her dual AC equipped Toyota minivan, which has never had any issues in the worst hot humid weather...it also has a V-6....

Thanks

Old 05-24-2013, 03:27 PM

I find it is better than our Mazda3 but not the best out of all the cars we test drove. It gets colder faster than the 3 but I like the vents in the 3 better.

Generally the American car brands have stronger AC and the Buick and GMC we test drove cooled things down faster than the CX5 but it still does decently on my white car with tan interior.

That is in Northern California, it gets somewhat humid but not terrible.

Last edited by HandA; 05-24-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:58 PM

I think it performs quite well in hot, humid weather. I live in southeastern Kentucky and took my boss for a drive in my CX-5 a few weeks ago and she said the AC was a lot colder than in her GMC Terrain.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:43 AM

Here in Maryland it performs great. Blowing air gets cold very quickly. Have not noticed any engine surges as the unit cycles.

A few bits from the manual:
Temperature control dial
This dial controls temperature. Turn it clockwise for hot and counterclockwise for cold.
NOTE
When the mode is set to (front) or (feet) with the fan control dial in a position other than 0 and the temperature control dial in the maximum cold position, the air intake selector switches to the recirculated air mode and the A/C turns on automatically. If A/C is not desired, press the A/C switch to
turn it off.

Do not use the recirculated air mode in cold or rainy weather: Using the recirculated air mode in
cold or rainy weather is dangerous as it will cause the windows to fog up. Your vision will be hampered.