Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CX5 2012 - Problem only during regeration (shaking)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2023, 02:30 AM
Default CX5 2012 - Problem only during regeration (shaking)

Hi Guys!
I was an happy driver of a amazing CX 2012 Exceed 175hp...but in the last two years i'm in trouble with my car.

I'll try to describe the problem..and i hope someone can help me because Mazda after 2 years told me "The car is old...." (but they've changed a lot of things injectors, sensors...for free..so nothing to say about Mazda)

The car is working well without any problem except when starts a DPF regeneration (I use Torque app to see when it occurs).

In this case if rpm is below 2000 when I try to accelerate car start shaking a lot and speed and rpm goes up slowly.. The "shaking" decrease graduallyas as the spedd and rpms increases. When the regeneration is finished and i drive for some seconds at high rpms (3500-3700) I can feel like if something is "uncorked" and the car come back in a normal way until next regeneration (around 280-300km)

If rpm is greater then 2000 there's no "shaking" and you don't notice that a dpf regeneration is active.

I've made this videos...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HSF...usp=share_link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HTK...usp=share_link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HVO...ew?usp=sharing

I hope someone can helps me...you're my last change to fix my car

Thanks you!

Old 01-30-2023, 10:51 AM

Welcome to the forum

You need to connect to the OBDII diagnostic connector directly with a scan tool that can see real time ignition and fuels sequence.
Nataurlly you should be looking if there are any stored DTC and check the status of the monitors.
ONLY by way of a professional scan tool connected to the OBDII diagnostic connector.

Old 01-30-2023, 01:13 PM
BWJ

Have you tryed DFP cleaner, and run it at higher rpm for 5-10 km's

Old 01-31-2023, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by BWJ
Have you tryed DFP cleaner, and run it at higher rpm for 5-10 km's
Yes, just tried
DPF is completely clean (also Torque PID sensor says 0 g/l when regenaration process ends).
Thanks for you reply

Old 01-31-2023, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Welcome to the forum

You need to connect to the OBDII diagnostic connector directly with a scan tool that can see real time ignition and fuels sequence.
Nataurlly you should be looking if there are any stored DTC and check the status of the monitors.
ONLY by way of a professional scan tool connected to the OBDII diagnostic connector.
Unfortunately there's no error in ECU...we've tried the car with Mazda mechanic and ODBII connected and during this "issue" no problem has been detected
Thanks for your reply

Old 01-31-2023, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by rastrella
Unfortunately there's no error in ECU...we've tried the car with Mazda mechanic and ODBII connected and during this "issue" no problem has been detected
Thanks for your reply
I didn't say look for errors please re-read what I recommended?

I also find it hard to believe that the monitors were in state of readiness. The emission during that problem RPM range would have been detected on most Emissions testing equipment.

Last edited by Callisto; 01-31-2023 at 08:44 AM.