Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CX-5 Oil warning light

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 07:14 AM
Default CX-5 Oil warning light

Hi,

Need advice on an issue with our CX-5 - It's an 2015 2.2 Diesel (175 HP).
Bought it new and now it has 60.000 km on the meter.
Always followed the service plan and all scheduled maintenance being done.

Now to the problem :-)

Last week the oil pressure waring light came on. Called the garage and they recommended towing to the garage to avoid any potential damage.

After checking the car they claimed that it only needed a regular service and nothing else. Fair enough, but it seems quite awkward to have the car towed for that . Previous maintenace done less than 18.000 km ago...

I asked if that´s what I can expect in the future but they explained that the software was upgraded and this kind of problems would be “less frequent” in the future.
Q1: Is this related to the diesel & oil problem discussed in this forum?
Q2: Oil quality – the garage is using Mobil1 (5W-40) unknown spec but they promised to get back to me with the exact oil used – any ideas of what´s the best oil to use?
BR
HåkanW

Old 08-02-2017, 04:55 AM

Q1: what oil is recommended in the owner's manual?
Q2: when the oil pressure warning light came on, did you check the oil yourself to see what's what?

Old 08-02-2017, 06:18 AM

Hi,

Checked the oil when warning light came on - Level OK , in the middle between min and max.

According to the Owners manual (Sweden) it should be Mazda Original Oil Supra DPF 0W-30 or Mazda Original Oil Ultra DPF 5W-30.

Any ideas about service interval - manual says 20.000 km intervals.
Maybe too long?

NR
Håkan

Old 08-02-2017, 06:29 AM

I would strongly recommend sticking with the recommendations made by the Owner's Manual.

Old 08-03-2017, 01:50 AM
Default Reoccurring problem

And here we go again

Same warning light came on again - car been driven less than 100 km since last time. Towed back to the garage again. Sadly there is only one "authorized" Mazda dealer/garage in this area...

Will see what they will come up with now. Apparently they only fixed the symptoms last time, not the problem 

BR
HåkanW

Old 08-03-2017, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

There is a Tech Bulletin out for your problem, the cause being a PCM software issue.

I've also seen issues with faulty Oil pressure sensors.

Hopefully they get it fixed quickly for you.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:14 AM
Default Reoccurring problem - fixed (maybe)

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Just picked up my car and got the same information - software updated again and the problem is supposed to be fixed.

Well - that´s probably what we are supposed to accept when buying new cars nowadays - if the car is indicating malfunctions fix it with new software

BR
HåkanW

Old 08-03-2017, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Håkan Widman
Hi,

Thanks for the info. Just picked up my car and got the same information - software updated again and the problem is supposed to be fixed.

Well - that´s probably what we are supposed to accept when buying new cars nowadays - if the car is indicating malfunctions fix it with new software

BR
HåkanW
Part of the problem, and it's not just Mazda, is that the cars have become so complicated and technical that it's sometimes very difficult to troubleshoot and find the problems. In the old days, if this happened, it would be a faulty sending unit or wiring. Now, it all goes through the computer and any software or hardware glitch or failure might result in all kinds of symptoms which are unrelated to the real failure.

Old 04-09-2018, 03:11 AM

Hi Håkan, any more problems in your car after the software update?

Old 04-09-2018, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

Sasha, you need to check the dates of previous comments/posts.
This topic is 12 months old.

Quick Reply: CX-5 Oil warning light