Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CX-5 electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 12:06 AM
Default CX-5 electrical issues

I-spot and typre pressure light flashing

My Mazda CX-5 recently started going haywire,
I started the car yesterday and noticed the i-stop,tyre,tracktion lights all come on, it has done this before afew months ago and i had the battery tested and it was given the all clear they put it down to loose wiring and reconnected everything and it seemed to work.
Driving it today tho it failed to start the first time, the star/stop light was red only the power turned on to the accessories after afew goes of unlocking and locking the car and putting pressure on the pedal it seemed to work. Then while driving the check engine light has also come on, note it did NOT do this last time i had this problem. The car still drives the exact same not skipping a beat so i have put this down to sumthing electrical. The Master warning light also came on brefily twice while driving it was above the tyre pressure light.

Its going to the mechanics on wednesday and hopefully they will be able to tell me what code is being thrown, has anybody else had problems similar to this tho or any idea would it could be.

Old 12-17-2018, 03:46 AM
Super Moderator

Until it gets scanned by a mechanic its only guesses. When did it last get a PCM software update at Mazda?

Old 12-18-2018, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Until it gets scanned by a mechanic its only guesses. When did it last get a PCM software update at Mazda?
The problem was the break switch was faulty and throwing all the codes so thats problem is sorted,
On to the next problem does i been told the Diff bushes are becoming worn and will need to be replaced soon. My mechanic said it would be better to get done by mazda as its a bigger job, does any one have any knowledge on this.

2012 Mazda cx-5 170,00km

Old 12-28-2018, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

Going for genuine parts requires replacement of the complete subframe as theres no listing for individual bushes. Not Cheap.