Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Considering a purchase +2017. Suggestions, please?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2023, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by schmieg
More than once, I've parked well away from other cars and at some distance from the store and, upon returning to the car, finding one or two cars parked right next to me, usually very close.
Originally Posted by Alexmed2002
Talk about one of my biggest pet peeves lmao...
No kidding....
I am currently working on installing a permitter alarm connected to both my air horns.

Old 08-08-2023, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Shumax
I need to buy a car
Shumax
Welcome to the forum

Old 08-08-2023, 04:34 PM

Thanks for all of the replies! Yea, I'm sticking to the 2013-14 CR-V as it has no CVT or turbocharged engines. Both can be maintenance hogs - $. I don't want anything to do with either for my young daughter. She doesn't need a 'fast' car and I don't care about the perceived gas mileage gain from a CVT. No thanks. I lean to the 2017-18 CX-5. I like the styling better, for sure. What I am really struggling with? Both of these exact options - CR-V and CX-5? They are $20,000 for a variant with 70-80,000 miles. That's insane; but, I appreciate the current market. I don't need schooling on it. It's just hard to swallow. So, if it's down to that? I'll take the CX-5, even more, because it's newer.

Hard for me to swallow that I had each, in my mind, around $10-$12k - especially the 10 year old Honday. Silly me!

Old 08-08-2023, 05:35 PM

More than once, I've parked well away from other cars and at some distance from the store and, upon returning to the car, finding one or two cars parked right next to me, usually very close.
That is a universal constant. I have been lucky thus far, and it is helping with my need to walk more. There are a large number of people out there scared and wanting to park close to another car. This constant has not changed in the 46 years I have been driving.

Old 08-08-2023, 05:40 PM

Thanks for all of the replies! Yea, I'm sticking to the 2013-14 CR-V as it has no CVT or turbocharged engines. Both can be maintenance hogs - $. I don't want anything to do with either for my young daughter. She doesn't need a 'fast' car and I don't care about the perceived gas mileage gain from a CVT. No thanks. I lean to the 2017-18 CX-5. I like the styling better, for sure. What I am really struggling with? Both of these exact options - CR-V and CX-5? They are $20,000 for a variant with 70-80,000 miles. That's insane; but, I appreciate the current market. I don't need schooling on it. It's just hard to swallow. So, if it's down to that? I'll take the CX-5, even more, because it's newer.

Hard for me to swallow that I had each, in my mind, around $10-$12k - especially the 10 year old Honday. Silly me!
If it helps, I paid $42,140 for my new automobile in July 2023, eight times as much as I paid for my first new car in January 1979. I agree with you, no turbo, no CVT, as I have had both fail on me once, in two separate vehicles I owned.

Old 08-08-2023, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by erscolo
If it helps, I paid $42,140 for my new automobile in July 2023, eight times as much as I paid for my first new car in January 1979. I agree with you, no turbo, no CVT, as I have had both fail on me once, in two separate vehicles I owned.
It's perspective that I agree with. I'm not as old as you, but I get it. I'm just trying to land the best value in the current market. I have 6-months, so I am hoping things settle down a bit. Would help to get the bonehead, in office now, out. But, I will leave that alone as I am sure some have differing views!

Old 08-08-2023, 08:30 PM

Would help to get the bonehead, in office now, out. But, I will leave that alone as I am sure some have differing views!
Oh trust me I'd be willing to bet 99% would agree.

Old 08-08-2023, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by erscolo
That is a universal constant. I have been lucky thus far, and it is helping with my need to walk more. There are a large number of people out there scared and wanting to park close to another car. This constant has not changed in the 46 years I have been driving.
I think a lot of it is just herd instinct. The same thing that causes everyone to bunch up on the expressway (I want to be as far away from everyone else as possible). The rest of them are just being **** elimination ports.

Old 08-09-2023, 12:07 AM

(I want to be as far away from everyone else as possible). The rest of them are just being **** elimination ports.
Couldn't have said it any better.

Old 08-14-2023, 06:08 AM

Are there resources for suspension work? Like how to's on replacing shocks, struts, control arms and other general maintenance work such as brakes? Would like to read up on them before I purchase, too. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Considering a purchase +2017. Suggestions, please?!