Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD Player that will work with 2021 CX-5

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 08:33 PM
Default CD Player that will work with 2021 CX-5

Can anyone recommend a CD player which will work with the 2021 CX-5? Does it need to have use an auxiliary jack, or one of the USB accessory ports? I have not been able to figure out where the auxiliary jack is. The picture in the manual and what my car looks like are not the same. Thanks for any advice!

Old 03-23-2021, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by LaurelV
Can anyone recommend a CD player which will work with the 2021 CX-5? Does it need to have use an auxiliary jack, or one of the USB accessory ports? I have not been able to figure out where the auxiliary jack is. The picture in the manual and what my car looks like are not the same. Thanks for any advice!
Good question. I have not found an auxiliary audio input jack in the car. To be truthful, I have not used a 3.5 mm audio in jack for years. And it seems the CX5's do not have a CD player.

Old 03-23-2021, 10:16 AM

I don't know about your CX but on my 2016.5 there is a aux input jack (3.5mm) and two USB jacks. I'm sure that someone makes a portable CD player with a USB output and for sure a CD player with a output that's compatible with the 3.5mm input.

I just took a quick look at Amazon and they even have portable CD players with built in Bluetooth. No wires, just connect via Bluetooth.

Old 03-23-2021, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Conrad 16.5
I don't know about your CX but on my 2016.5 there is a aux input jack (3.5mm) and two USB jacks. I'm sure that someone makes a portable CD player with a USB output and for sure a CD player with a output that's compatible with the 3.5mm input.

I just took a quick look at Amazon and they even have portable CD players with built in Bluetooth. No wires, just connect via Bluetooth.
I should have specified on a 2021 CX5. I do like the Bluetooth idea, even better than a Bluetooth adapter. I have one of these
Taotronic Taotronic
units that sends BT from my old sound bar to an Amazon Echo in the kitchen. A CD player with built in BT sounds even better.

Many years ago, I had trouble with the Discman style units going over bumps, as the laser would skip. Maybe units are better isolated now.

Old 03-23-2021, 01:22 PM

Does this jack work? i dont have my CX5 so i can't check it out.

https://www.wheelsjoint.com/how-to-p...on-mazda-cx-5/

Old 03-23-2021, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by AZCX5

That was one of the articles I found online which showed a picture that does not correspond with my 2021 CX-5. When I look in that area, there is absolutely no aux port there!

Old 03-23-2021, 08:05 PM

2021's don't have an aux input. USB or Bluetooth only.

Old 03-24-2021, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by AZCX5

Originally Posted by LaurelV
That was one of the articles I found online which showed a picture that does not correspond with my 2021 CX-5. When I look in that area, there is absolutely no aux port there!
I don't know what year this pic below is from but my 2016.5 has those same input jacks but they're in the cubby in front of the shifter.

If the 2021 CX-5 doesn't have an AUX input then your going to have to go with either the USB inputs or with a Bluetooth connection.

Or you can do what I did. I ripped my entire CD collection (I won't tell you how many I have but I've been collecting CDs since 1985) and transferred all of that music onto USB flash drives. It took 10 flash drives but that's all of my music in the palm of my hand.

Old 03-24-2021, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Conrad 16.5
Or you can do what I did. I ripped my entire CD collection (I won't tell you how many I have but I've been collecting CDs since 1985) and transferred all of that music onto USB flash drives. It took 10 flash drives but that's all of my music in the palm of my hand.
+1 on this. I see 128 GB drives online for $12 USD. That's about 183 CD-quality albums.

The best CD player you'll find will look like this:

Old 03-25-2021, 09:40 AM

That is a good solution! I am guessing the head unit can accommodate the multiple files?.

Quick Reply: CD Player that will work with 2021 CX-5