Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth music player root menu

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 10:42 AM
Default Bluetooth music player root menu

Trying to find an android blue tooth music player that displays the root menu (playlists,artist, etc) when playing audio via the blue tooth on my phone.. The ones I have tried so far play the tracks but can not view the playlists.

Old 05-19-2019, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Does it not show up on your screen when paired to your vehicle? What happens when you use a usb or aux cable?

Old 05-22-2019, 08:03 AM

Yes it shows up as a blue tooth audio source. It displays and plays whatever track was last played on the phones music player. When connected by USB, it no longer is recognized as a blue tooth source but defaults to android auto where it displays and plays everything through Google music. Problem is when Android Auto is connected it over rides the Mazda Connect system and I do not have full text, email and voice dialing options.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:40 AM

The blue tooth shows up under audio sources and when selected will display and play the last track used by the phones audio music player. when I select "root Menu" which should display playlists artists etc. I get the error message " can not connect to devices content". When connected via USB, system defaults to Android Auto and I have full abilities through Android Auto and Google Music. Android Auto over rides the Mazda Connect system so texts, email and hands free phone services are not available unless I use Android Autos phone set up which is pretty bad so using USB is not an option.

Old 05-28-2019, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Does it not show up on your screen when paired to your vehicle? What happens when you use a usb or aux cable?
When connected via blue tooth and Mazda Connect, the last track played on my Android phone is displayed and the track plays. I can not select other tracks or access the Root menu to select playlists artists etc getting the error message "can not read contents of connected device". When connected via USB system defaults to android auto and there is full use of Google Music including the Root menus. Problem is when Android Auto is active Mazda connect is not available for phone, text or e-mails limiting a lot of hands free functions..