Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biggest complaint

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2024, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
see now that is strange… dealerships and we will just talk about Mazda are required for any warranty work to make detailed service orders. Maybe ask for the permeant service record information and read it . What you likely got was the partial writer and not the full finalized work order.
But I do understand you not sure because there are very few people that actually read there completed finish service invoice .

don’t really want to debate this …if you feel like posting yours that would be all that is needed . You can mark out personal information .
Please see the attached, the first two service invoices do not mention anything on them about the issues however, they were very much aware and telling me that there were no codes showing up so nothing they could do but check the sensitivity of the sensors. The next two do show the issues because I specifically asked for them to be listed for proof of issues.

Last edited by Aliceson24!; 04-20-2024 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-20-2024, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Aliceson24!
Please see the attached, the first two service invoices do not mention anything on them about the issues however, they were very much aware and telling me that there were no codes showing up so nothing they could do but check the sensitivity of the sensors. The next two do show the issues because I specifically asked for them to be listed for proof of issues.
Ok read them sent a pm you should read.
I appreciate you posting them.
So here is the thing. Most of that information is is showing either corrected or can't duplicate. The can't duplicate is argumentive generally not for the customer because of how many miles and several different times and condition tested.
The other thing I saw right off is that you first service you provided was almost a year ago and is incomplete?
then the next was just general services.
So now after several months (6 months or more? ) and almost 4 thousand mile(or more) you start to have problem. Well there goes the Lemon law.....
They did find and under factory warranty corrected those issues they found regarding your concern.
So you are returned the vehicle and almost another month and almost 600 miles you have more concerns?
They check and test drove 7 different times finding no problems and everything working as it should.
You really do not even have a likely have a case directly with MAZDA?

I understand that you feel and believe that there is something wrong, and maybe at some point in the future it may well be proven you were correct? But I think you may get a polite letter/email from Mazda USA stated they evaluated the service and the results and can find problem with your Mazda.

So all I can tell you is at this point if you don't like what you are getting for answers take it to another dealer, but they will be pulling your vehicles history and reading everything you posted on your last post and will not be so inclined to do as through as IMHO your current Mazda service department has done for you. Your other choice is to take it to a service shop preferably one that has an ASE Master Technician employed and have them check your Mazda. This however will be your own experiences and while you could attempt to sue Mazda to have them rehenburse you that is not likely to happen. Mostly because you are still under factory Warranty and have local access to a Mazda dealership.

ASE

Old 04-20-2024, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Ok read them sent a pm you should read.
I appreciate you posting them.
So here is the thing. Most of that information is is showing either corrected or can't duplicate. The can't duplicate is argumentive generally not for the customer because of how many miles and several different times and condition tested.
The other thing I saw right off is that you first service you provided was almost a year ago and is incomplete?
then the next was just general services.
So now after several months (6 months or more? ) and almost 4 thousand mile(or more) you start to have problem. Well there goes the Lemon law.....
They did find and under factory warranty corrected those issues they found regarding your concern.
So you are returned the vehicle and almost another month and almost 600 miles you have more concerns?
They check and test drove 7 different times finding no problems and everything working as it should.
You really do not even have a likely have a case directly with MAZDA?

ASE
I have the photo proof that the issues started at no more than 477 miles. I did not take photos of the first couple of times because I thought it was due to being new and would work itself out. I also have over 50 other photos of the same issues on different days, different mileage, and different outside conditions. Here are a couple, one at the 477 mark was my first photo of the issues and as you will see some taken within seconds of each other with different warnings about different sensors as well as the picture of the windshield showing no bugs on window camera and the outside conditions. Of course these are not all of the photos have, just a random few to explain my issue.

Old 04-23-2024, 06:09 AM

I've taken pictures with my phone of me driving a Lamborghini, but I can assure you it wasn't my vehicle.
A big issue with pictures, is what does the observer of your pictures actually see.
Except for perhaps the blue & white windscreen sticker anyone looking at those pictures would have no idea whose vehicle that is.
It could be any Mazda CX-5 or any Mazda with that instrument cluster.
Unfortunately, without definitive markings and/or documented witnesses, those pictures won't do you much good in a lemon law filing or court scenario.

Old 04-23-2024, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
I've taken pictures with my phone of me driving a Lamborghini, but I can assure you it wasn't my vehicle.
A big issue with pictures, is what does the observer of your pictures actually see.
Except for perhaps the blue & white windscreen sticker anyone looking at those pictures would have no idea whose vehicle that is.
Unfortunately, without definitive markings and/or documented witnesses, those pictures won't do you much good in a lemon law filing or court scenario.
Well turns out, after spending 2 hours on the phone going over each pictures I had to send Mazda Lemon Law Rep, there is an issue with my BSM. So, according to the rep, his engineers have stated at some point during the make of my vehicle they switched material suppliers and the bumper design is slightly different than previous bumpers. He stated that the blind spot monitoring sensors are calibrated for the specific bumper design which my bumper is not the same. He further stated that the engineers are working on a firmware update for the issue.
so, at this time all I can do is wait for the new firmware!
I'm not stupid, nor am I a complaining type individual. I am well educated and much experience with all types of vehicles. I knew there was an issue and that has been acknowledged. So, thank you to all who understood there was an actual issue with my vehicle and sorry you were wrong, to those who thought i was just unsatisfied or incorrect about there being an issue.

Old 04-23-2024, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Lobstah

Also, by the way. The pictures which show a date and time stamp as well as mileage were able to help sync the background info Mazda has on the vehicle. They were able to literally see every instance that my car had a sensor come on and then were able to link that info to the pictures provided.
Little did I know, MAZDA KNEW THE WHOLE TIME my sensors were coming on so frequently.

Old 04-23-2024, 10:55 AM

It not really a right or absolute WRONG answers on a forum thread regarding your situation. Most of us do the best we can based on information a member gives about their problems. My guess is about 70% answers from members are guessing based on other things they have read on the internet or personal experience. Then there are some like me that deal with customers and issues weekly of the answers and read the information from members like yourself but it not that any of us are WRONG its the total information given that leads to the most logical answers. I have to tell you that you did try to post as much as you could and what I personally requested but that was all I had to go with not physically having your Mazda to check myself. I think I even said that on this thread.

Please keep us posted I am curious what your outcome will be. My GUESS based on all this threads information and what you just posted will not be a Lemon law vehicle, nor will you have any legal compensation but simply a WARANTY service that Mazda will correct by parts replacement.

No one said you were stupid not sure how each defines complaining, and as for educated and or trained in the automotive industry you never stated what your level of training and any certification in auto mechanical field was. Experience with a wrench around an engine or vehicle does not denote experience other than using a tool.

Old 04-23-2024, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Aliceson24!
Well turns out, after spending 2 hours on the phone going over each pictures I had to send Mazda Lemon Law Rep, there is an issue with my BSM. So, according to the rep, his engineers have stated at some point during the make of my vehicle they switched material suppliers and the bumper design is slightly different than previous bumpers. He stated that the blind spot monitoring sensors are calibrated for the specific bumper design which my bumper is not the same. He further stated that the engineers are working on a firmware update for the issue.
so, at this time all I can do is wait for the new firmware!
I'm not stupid, nor am I a complaining type individual. I am well educated and much experience with all types of vehicles. I knew there was an issue and that has been acknowledged. So, thank you to all who understood there was an actual issue with my vehicle and sorry you were wrong, to those who thought i was just unsatisfied or incorrect about there being an issue.
That explains all.
I can now understand why your dealer was not able to fix the issue as they were likely as unaware of the reason for it as you (and the rest of us) were.
Hopefully the firmware update will come soon and actually fix the issue.
Good Luck.

Old 04-25-2024, 11:27 AM

We bought a new 2024 a few months ago after 16 years of owning a trouble free Mazda 6. We love the CX5 BUT...... We bought the base model and quickly discovered that Mazda has now adopted the "For just a few dollars more....." That in itself would not be so bad if the manual was a little more informative on what features our model has or doesn't have! The manual itself is written in a way that makes it almost impossible to read. It would help if a manual could be downloaded that just covered the model that you actually have. There are so many qualifiers built into the test, (Canada only) ( Type A) (Some models) etc

Old 04-25-2024, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by orion
We bought a new 2024 a few months ago after 16 years of owning a trouble free Mazda 6. We love the CX5 BUT...... We bought the base model and quickly discovered that Mazda has now adopted the "For just a few dollars more....." That in itself would not be so bad if the manual was a little more informative on what features our model has or doesn't have! The manual itself is written in a way that makes it almost impossible to read. It would help if a manual could be downloaded that just covered the model that you actually have. There are so many qualifiers built into the test, (Canada only) ( Type A) (Some models) etc
ALL auto manufacture manuals this way and have been for about a decade or more. It saves cost in publication which also does not reais the retail cost of a vehicle. Most have illustrations that you can easily see which your model has or does not have. You just need to read through it uninterrupted and maybe a couple of time and placing post-its on the pages that are your model specific?

Maybe you should also have the dealership run your VIN information and print it out for you. Everything you want to know regarding what your Mazda came factory with will be on that report.
BTW most of that should have been on the window listed amenities on the long sticker when you were shopping for your MAZDA?

Quick Reply: Biggest complaint