Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2023 with Sirius free for three months

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 01:43 PM
Default 2023 with Sirius free for three months

The user interface for Sirius (adding favorites) on my 2023 is quite different from the 2019 model and is not nearly as intuitive. How can I delete/edit favorite Sirius channels without going back to factory reset? Long pressing the star (favorite button just adds the channel again to the list). Thanks for any help.

Old 11-15-2022, 10:02 AM

The really crappy part is you can no longer use the left steering wheel toggle to change SiriusXM stations.... I had a 19 previously which would switch by that method. Now I have to use the **** on the center console to accomplish the task.

Old 11-15-2022, 12:07 PM

I am surprised that how to deleted/add is not in the owner's information manual?

Personally I think with all the new controls that the driver testing requirement be raised everywhere. The more distractions require a better understanding of all aspects of driving. I am sure that day is approaching sooner than some of you may think? . On most vehicle's now and I will keep it Mazda related the average owners may know 40% of what the vehicle can do and how to drive it safely and as it was engineered. Too much faith relying on the systems to get you out of trouble and to many amenities that seriously are a distraction to driving!
Sure, it's my opinion but if you are honest with yourself, I think you would agree! This forum, threads and responses to many and a couple other Mazda forums are proof to support my opinion on this. LOL

Old 11-16-2022, 11:53 AM

Don't get me wrong I really enjoy my Mazda but this kind of large screen with no touch function is a pain. I knew this going in so I am not surprised I do not like it.

Old 11-16-2022, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
I am surprised that how to deleted/add is not in the owner's information manual?

Personally I think with all the new controls that the driver testing requirement be raised everywhere. The more distractions require a better understanding of all aspects of driving. I am sure that day is approaching sooner than some of you may think? . On most vehicle's now and I will keep it Mazda related the average owners may know 40% of what the vehicle can do and how to drive it safely and as it was engineered. Too much faith relying on the systems to get you out of trouble and to many amenities that seriously are a distraction to driving!
Sure, it's my opinion but if you are honest with yourself, I think you would agree! This forum, threads and responses to many and a couple other Mazda forums are proof to support my opinion on this. LOL
Lol...

Old 11-16-2022, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
Lol...
Naturally you would LOL. I am willing to bet you don't even know the stopping distanceall factors on a perfect day dry flat tarmac and 75F ambient zero wind 1/4 tank of fuel no passengers of your own Mazda traveling at 60 mph and then hitting the brakes hard?

So before you post a response think about what you're going to say carefully!

My point is most don't even know the performance specification of their MAZDA let alone all the rest! If more knew the very least which is their stopping distance that would most certainly reduce several hundred or more deaths caused by driver following to close to the vehicles in front of them.