Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2023 CX-5 2.5 Turbo Signature

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2023, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by THE CHIEF
For me it's no big deal ,as i inspect my tires and check the tire pressure cold once a week. I like to know what's going on with the tires B4 I hit the road. You would be surprised what you find some times.
Same here.
I check once week and/or anytime I'm going on a whole day trip.

Old 01-21-2023, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
Same here.
I check once week and/or anytime I'm going on a whole day trip.
Ok this is getting creepy... LOL ^^^^^^

I check once week and/or anytime I'm going on a whole day trip

That ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ and I always have couple bucks in quarters and carry no less than 2 tire psi devices. 

Old 01-21-2023, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto

That ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ and I always have couple bucks in quarters and carry no less than 2 tire psi devices. 
I hear you. I have either a battery powered pump or a 12V plug-in pump in each car and a 110V/12V pump in the garage. I check the tires weekly and before any trips and after the car has been serviced as the mechanics often will change the pressure to a standard 32 psi (which is fine on the Jeep, but too low for the CX5 and too high for the MX5).

Old 01-21-2023, 11:10 AM
CEB

Originally Posted by schmieg
I hear you. I have either a battery powered pump or a 12V plug-in pump in each car and a 110V/12V pump in the garage. I check the tires weekly and before any trips and after the car has been serviced as the mechanics often will change the pressure to a standard 32 psi (which is fine on the Jeep, but too low for the CX5 and too high for the MX5).
What psi do you keep in your CX-5 tires? The CX-5 has such a harsh ride so I've been running 33 psi vs 35 psi as the door plaque indicates. 33 psi helps the ride a tad but, it's still harsh. Mine came with Toyo tires. Might there be a softer riding tire for my 2022 CX-5?

Old 01-21-2023, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by CEB
What psi do you keep in your CX-5 tires? The CX-5 has such a harsh ride so I've been running 33 psi vs 35 psi as the door plaque indicates. 33 psi helps the ride a tad but, it's still harsh. Mine came with Toyo tires. Might there be a softer riding tire for my 2022 CX-5?
I've been running the 35 psi on the Michelin Crossclimate 2 tires. The ride is a bit harsh, but I don't mind that and it is better than the Toyos were. It feels about the same as my MX5 with the Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

Old 01-21-2023, 11:53 AM

Tire pressure goes waaaaaay beyond the DIY and even service shops that deal in tire and wheel sales and service. The best advises unless one is to study and understand how the tire PSI changes both the performance engineered and designed into the vehicle you are driving but also the changing environments both road and ambient temperatures. that is mainly why it is NEVER a good idea to choose any psi that is not recommended in the door jam for use.
Spending a "FUN" day at an open track day you can learn so much about your vehicles as well you true level of driving skills. Playing around with the tires psi on a control track can give you a "fast track lesson" in why that factory psi recommendation really works out to be the best for the average daily driver.

If the tires you currently are using seem rough, then your main shopping target should be the ride quality over all other aspects. On my Mazda and it is not necessarily a recommendation I choose ride comfort and quiet ride because at the time we were doing weekend get aways about every 2-3 month that were 1000 to 1500 mile round trip in 4 days mostly Highway. I adjust my psi based on my close estimate GVW with passenger and luggage. Knowing exactly what my wet certified by California weigh and measurement scale I can calculate withing about 40lbs of actual loaded GVW for a trip.

The only time I will adjust slightly from the recommend psi is if I am at Sacramento Raceway (drag strip) . My power output of my engine the torque comes on so fast that without a posi the drivers tire will have with about 65% throttle position. Thats is pia because the car basically stops accelerating for a second which increases trap times as well my 60 FT times.... The Nitous does compensate at 1/2 track for some of the lost time. LOL I am working on that traction issue. I have a few Phantom grips and I think I can fit one in the MAZDA transmission. But that project will necessitate rebuilding a complete transmission and doing some modification to structurally strengthen the basic case. They tend to twist and break both internal parts and external parts with their current design. Soooo keep that in mind when you all are thinking about the Turbo model MAZDA offered currently. Ops boy that went of the psi subject.... ha! There I go spining yarn as one member said I do.

Old 01-21-2023, 11:57 AM

Ops boy that went of the psi subject.... ha! There I go spining yarn as one member said I do.
I enjoy your yarns. Keep knitting.

Old 01-21-2023, 01:30 PM

Even creepier...
I carry a compact dc air powered compressor with a built in PSI device plus a spare analog gauge psi device.

Old 01-21-2023, 02:19 PM
CEB

Tire pressure goes waaaaaay beyond the DIY and even service shops that deal in tire and wheel sales and service. The best advises unless one is to study and understand how the tire PSI changes both the performance engineered and designed into the vehicle you are driving but also the changing environments both road and ambient temperatures. that is mainly why it is NEVER a good idea to choose any psi that is not recommended in the door jam for use.
Spending a "FUN" day at an open track day you can learn so much about your vehicles as well you true level of driving skills. Playing around with the tires psi on a control track can give you a "fast track lesson" in why that factory psi recommendation really works out to be the best for the average daily driver.

If the tires you currently are using seem rough, then your main shopping target should be the ride quality over all other aspects. On my Mazda and it is not necessarily a recommendation I choose ride comfort and quiet ride because at the time we were doing weekend get aways about every 2-3 month that were 1000 to 1500 mile round trip in 4 days mostly Highway. I adjust my psi based on my close estimate GVW with passenger and luggage. Knowing exactly what my wet certified by California weigh and measurement scale I can calculate withing about 40lbs of actual loaded GVW for a trip.

The only time I will adjust slightly from the recommend psi is if I am at Sacramento Raceway (drag strip) . My power output of my engine the torque comes on so fast that without a posi the drivers tire will have with about 65% throttle position. Thats is pia because the car basically stops accelerating for a second which increases trap times as well my 60 FT times.... The Nitous does compensate at 1/2 track for some of the lost time. LOL I am working on that traction issue. I have a few Phantom grips and I think I can fit one in the MAZDA transmission. But that project will necessitate rebuilding a complete transmission and doing some modification to structurally strengthen the basic case. They tend to twist and break both internal parts and external parts with their current design. Soooo keep that in mind when you all are thinking about the Turbo model MAZDA offered currently. Ops boy that went of the psi subject.... ha! There I go spining yarn as one member said I do.
That was quite a ramble

Old 01-21-2023, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by CEB
That was quite a ramble
Now I got Led Zeppelin running through my head...

Quick Reply: 2023 CX-5 2.5 Turbo Signature