Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2021 CX-5 Sound system?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 01:42 PM
Angry 2021 CX-5 Sound system?

Hi All,

I'm having some trouble with the sound system in my 2021 CX-5 (about 12 k on my new car, purchased in March). When I listen to tunes via car play or bluetooth, I only get sound out of one speaker. When I listen to the radio, I get sound out of the other speaker. When I adjust radio volume, I can get blips of sound from both, but it doesn't sustain. I can turn the volume all the way down when listening to music via CarPlay and it still plays at a volume (will get louder, will also mute via centre console volume button.) The same results with centre console button or steering wheel buttons.

I've used different iPod code to connect to Car Play, and the obviously doesn't (or shouldn't) factor with radio.

Any suggestions or am I off to the dealership?

Old 08-14-2021, 07:42 AM

Certainly sounds like a job to be handled under warranty!

MiltB

Old 08-14-2021, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by rsbennett
Hi All,

I would definitely head to the dealer, I have a 2021 and it works fine.

Old 10-29-2021, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by rsbennett
Hi All,

I'm having some trouble with the sound system in my 2021 CX-5 (about 12 k on my new car, purchased in March). When I listen to tunes via car play or bluetooth, I only get sound out of one speaker. When I listen to the radio, I get sound out of the other speaker. When I adjust radio volume, I can get blips of sound from both, but it doesn't sustain. I can turn the volume all the way down when listening to music via CarPlay and it still plays at a volume (will get louder, will also mute via centre console volume button.) The same results with centre console button or steering wheel buttons.

I've used different iPod code to connect to Car Play, and the obviously doesn't (or shouldn't) factor with radio.

Were you able to get help with this...did the dealership replace the speaker? I have a 2020 and have just started having the same problem. It's almost as if the speaker is blown. That does not make me happy since they're Bose.

Old 10-29-2021, 09:21 AM

Strangest thing - it sorted itself out the night before my appointment. So, set an appointment and you'll be fine beforehand.

Not sure what the deal was but prior to headaches we did a lot of google & apple maps on my wife's phone. It'll automatically drop volume on drivers side so you can hear spoken directions, but in our case it lagged on well beyond that time. A few days later, though, it worked itself out. I contacted my dealer's service station to cancel appt, but asked that they kept my concern on file since there was no apparent rhyme or reason to it starting or ending.

Old 10-29-2021, 04:47 PM

An electrical issue that fixed itself....I would go buy a lottery ticket

Old 11-09-2021, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by tjp317
Were you able to get help with this...did the dealership replace the speaker? I have a 2020 and have just started having the same problem. It's almost as if the speaker is blown. That does not make me happy since they're Bose.
Luckily don’t think it’s “electrical” or blown out speakers, it’s more of a tech problem. If you go your maps start a route turn the navigation sound on and turn it up a little it should fix. If not it’s a different problem you’re having

Old 05-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Angry Mystery with Bose System 2021 Mazda CX5 GT Turbo

Originally Posted by Chris!
I would definitely head to the dealer, I have a 2021 and it works fine.
Dealer said they didn't find anything and just reset the system with a software update.
It still happens when a speaker would just come on and the system is louder and then cut out.

I don't know what is happening because it is not only from one side.
No one Can figure it out.. Extremely Frustrating

Old 05-03-2024, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Scalamoe
Dealer said they didn't find anything and just reset the system with a software update.
It still happens when a speaker would just come on and the system is louder and then cut out.

I don't know what is happening because it is not only from one side.
No one Can figure it out.. Extremely Frustrating
Is it happening to you when using the CarPlayAndroid Auto navigation while listening to music?

Old 05-03-2024, 08:49 PM

It happens randomly anytime
I even tried turning my phone off

Quick Reply: 2021 CX-5 Sound system?