Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 08:01 AM
Default 2019 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring

Hello! I just bought a 2019 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring (a week ago). So far, I love the car, except I'm having an issue with something. In my old car (had an aftermarket infotainment system installed), my phone was connected via blue tooth and I was able to use the handsfree features to send custom text messages... I would push the button on the steering wheel and say "Tell Hubby I'm heading home" and it would send a text to my husband saying "I'm heading home". I don't seem to be able to do that using Mazda Connect via bluetooth. Am I missing something?

Thank you for your help and sorry if I missed this info somewhere else... I've tried searching the internet and the manual and may have missed it.

Old 12-06-2019, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Catatonico
Hello! I just bought a 2019 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring (a week ago). So far, I love the car, except I'm having an issue with something. In my old car (had an aftermarket infotainment system installed), my phone was connected via blue tooth and I was able to use the handsfree features to send custom text messages... I would push the button on the steering wheel and say "Tell Hubby I'm heading home" and it would send a text to my husband saying "I'm heading home". I don't seem to be able to do that using Mazda Connect via bluetooth. Am I missing something?

Thank you for your help and sorry if I missed this info somewhere else... I've tried searching the internet and the manual and may have missed it.
May I suggest you try using a cord and trying either Android Auto or Apple Car Play? If you have the phone connected this way you should be able to do what you want.