Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 CX-5 Auto Lock Door Function (FORscan)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 12:58 AM
Question 2019 CX-5 Auto Lock Door Function (FORscan)

Hi,

I have a new 2019 CX-5. Since it's in Europe region, it has the auto door lock function disabled. I want to have the doors auto lock upon driving (above 15 or 20 km/h) and unlocked when the car is turned off

After reading multiple threads on how to do it with FORScan, I did buy the ELS27 cable and the FORScan software, and connected it to the car. However, it seems the values I had taken from other threads/forums for setting the R_BCM module do not apply to this model/year

I tried two things:
1. To have the option added under the Vehicle Settings > Auto Door Lock Mode by changing the hexadecimcal values under the R_BCM (As Built), according to an old 2017 thread (that was removed, as it seems). The thread describes that these values worked for Mazda 3 and for CX-5, here are the values suggested to change:

7B7-01-01 04D0 0004 0000
7B7-01-02 A50A 0300 2093

In the attached image, you can see the default values on my CX-5

So changing only those values didn't work (the expected outcome after turning off the car and back on twice, is to see the option under Vehicle Settings > Auto Door Lock Mode)

2. Using the R_BCM module to change the value of this feature from Not Adopted to: LOCK: Driving, UNLOCK: IGN Off.

That didn't work either; every time I changed it and pressed "Write", FORscan returned an error about some mismatch (sorry I didn't save the error)

At this point, I was desperate to turn this feature on, but didn't want to meddle too much with the car. I tried to reverse engineer the hexadecimal number from the list of feature that could be controlled in the R_BCM module (as can be seen in the last image), or according to the feature list in the Vehicle Setting menu, but with no success

I need your help to help me with one or more of the following:

1. A US 2018/19 CX-5 owner that could post the R_BCM (As built) values (so I can compare to them)
2. Help me understand what these values are (i.e. 7B7-01-01, 7B7-01-02 and the values in these lines)
3. Give me the correct value to set

Your assistance would be very much appreciated

Last edited by andrewy; 10-10-2019 at 01:04 AM.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by andrewy
Hi,

I have a new 2019 CX-5. Since it's in Europe region, it has the auto door lock function disabled. I want to have the doors auto lock upon driving (above 15 or 20 km/h) and unlocked when the car is turned off

After reading multiple threads on how to do it with FORScan, I did buy the ELS27 cable and the FORScan software, and connected it to the car. However, it seems the values I had taken from other threads/forums for setting the R_BCM module do not apply to this model/year

I tried two things:
1. To have the option added under the Vehicle Settings > Auto Door Lock Mode by changing the hexadecimcal values under the R_BCM (As Built), according to an old 2017 thread (that was removed, as it seems). The thread describes that these values worked for Mazda 3 and for CX-5, here are the values suggested to change:

7B7-01-01 04D0 0004 0000
7B7-01-02 A50A 0300 2093

So changing only those values didn't work (the expected outcome after turning off the car and back on twice, is to see the option under Vehicle Settings > Auto Door Lock Mode)

2. Using the R_BCM module to change the value of this feature from Not Adopted to: LOCK: Driving, UNLOCK: IGN Off.

That didn't work either; every time I changed it and pressed "Write", FORscan returned an error about some mismatch (sorry I didn't save the error)

At this point, I was desperate to turn this feature on, but didn't want to meddle too much with the car. I tried to reverse engineer the hexadecimal number from the list of feature that could be controlled in the R_BCM module (as can be seen in the last image), or according to the feature list in the Vehicle Setting menu, but with no success

1. A US 2018/19 CX-5 owner that could post the R_BCM (As built) values (so I can compare to them)
2. Help me understand what these values are (i.e. 7B7-01-01, 7B7-01-02 and the values in these lines)

I wonder if the European ECU doesn't support that option. We have found that to be the case with a number of MX5 options that European users have attempted to implement.

Old 10-10-2019, 11:40 PM

I can give it a shot, and check out the ECU module

Old 10-13-2019, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator

I assume you've gone thru the multitude of menus & options in MZD connect ( touch screen) to confirm door lock options aren't available?

Old 10-15-2019, 03:51 AM

Yes, of course. It's not present in the menu. It only presents two option for Door lock. Timeout (I guess if you unlock the car and don't open any door), and some other option not related to auto door locking

Old 10-16-2019, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

1 thing to try, in my market, in the last menu on mzd there is a option to change language, I haven't tried, but I know if its not set to Australian English, some menu options aren't available. I don't know what language options are available to you, but might be worth a try.

Old 09-08-2020, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by andrewy
Hi,

I tried two things:

7B7-01-01 04D0 0004 0000
7B7-01-02 A50A 0300 2093

hello
I have the same problem in my Cx5 2020 years
please let me know if you find how to do it?

Old 09-08-2020, 02:28 PM
BWJ

I have all 5 options listed in my 2020, and can choose what I want,