Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

2017 Mazda Auto Door Lock on Drive

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 03:07 AM
Default 2017 Mazda Auto Door Lock on Drive

Hi

Just wondering if there is a programmable option to automatically lock the doors when the car is driving. There is no option in the settings menu that I can see so wondering if this is a dealer programmable option.

Old 05-21-2017, 06:02 AM

In my U.S. market GT, there are at least a couple of settings for autolock in the infotainment menu.
Don't know if the same is true for Fiji market vehicles, Touring, or Sport trims.

Mine is set to lock when I put the vehicle in "drive" and iirc there is also a setting to lock the doors when the vehicle reaches something like 3 mph.

Don't have my owner's manual handy, but the process is explained there and may be different for you than it is for U.S. market vehicles.

Old 05-21-2017, 08:34 PM

Thanks for the info. It would be great if you can upload a pic of the infotainment menu that has this option so I can advise the local dealer. I am assuming it is a software update.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:16 AM

This is NOT a software update ... merely a setting for U.S. market vehicles available via the infotainment menu.

I'm surprised that the dealership doesn't have someone who can show you how to adjust door locking behavior.

Vehicles in your market may be different, so I suggest that you look through the owner's manual to learn whether it's adjustable in your vehicle and if so, how to make the change.

Old 05-27-2017, 02:46 AM

I went to the dealer and they advised that feature is not available in NZ market. My previous car was a Dodge Journey and a simple firmware update got that feature enabled.

Old 07-23-2017, 01:44 PM

I'm in US, 2016 Grand Touring model. In my US manual(page 3-11 through 3-18), to change the Auto Lock/Unlock settings:
1. Park vehicle and make sure vehicle is off.
2. All doors must be closed.
3. Turn on car (Switch the ignition to ON)
4. Press and hold the lock side of the driver's door-lock switch within 20 seconds of switching the ignition ON, and make sure a beep sound is heard about eight seconds afterwards.

5. Once you hear the beep sound, Press the unlock side of the driver's door-lock switch the number of times as the seclected function number you wish.

Number of Key presses:

1 Press - auto door-lock function is disabled.

2 Presses - All doors and lift gate lock automatically when vehicle speed is 20km/h(12mph) or more.

3 Presses - (Factory Default) All doors and liftgate lock automatically when the vehicle speed is about 20km/h or more. All the doors and liftgate unlock when the ignition is switched from ON to OFF.

4 Presses - When ignition is witched ON, and the selector lever is shifted from Park to any other gear position, the doors lock automatically.

5 Presses - When ignition is switched ON and the selector lever is shifted from Park to any other gear position, all doors lock. When selector lever is shifted to Park while ignition is switched ON, all doors unlock automatically.

6 Presses - All the doors and liftgate lock automatically when speed is 20 km/h or more. When selector lever is shift to Park while vehicle is ON, all doors unlock.

That's how I changed my wife's.

Hope this helps you in Fiji.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:21 PM

Thanks, it sounds like the GT version has a separate Lock/Unlock switch vs. the LTD version in our market which does not have a switch instead the lock/unlock is flushed in with the door opening lever. I will give it a try today to see if it works anyway.