Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIVョ TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2018 CX-5 GT Uncomfortable Leather Seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 08:59 PM
Default 2018 CX-5 GT Uncomfortable Leather Seats

I am not a big or heavy guy, but the leather seats in my new CX-5 are extremely uncomfortable and make my thighs hurt a lot. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Old 02-22-2018, 11:55 AM

Hi mazda_nc_dude, just got a 2018 CX-5 GT AWD with premium pkg, leather seats. Have it going on 2 weeks now, and the seats just keep getting more and more comfortable. Feels like they were custom made to fit me. Really glad I turned in the leased '15 Sante Fe Sport for the CX-5, it's so much fun to drive. Hope you're feeling better about the seats now.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:55 PM

I致e had my signature for about 2 months and the seats just keep getting worse and worse. I知 a weightlifter and I find that I知 pretty much sitting on the sides of the seat. This has happened in other cars but after a few days or a month, the padding has packed out and the seat gets comfortable. On this car - not at all. I知 wondering if there is more than just padding in the sides of the seats or if there is plastic or metal reinforcement. I知 looking into ways to do
seat modifications.

Old 04-29-2019, 10:16 PM

In my case it turns out that if I set the seat to a more closer than usual distance for me, the hurting lessens. You might want to play with the various seat positions before altering the seat. But if you find a really easy way to soften those side bolsters, please let us know.

Old 09-10-2020, 10:39 AM

i am having this exact same issue. Have you found any solution since posting this comment?

Originally Posted by omnifrog
I致e had my signature for about 2 months and the seats just keep getting worse and worse. I知 a weightlifter and I find that I知 pretty much sitting on the sides of the seat. This has happened in other cars but after a few days or a month, the padding has packed out and the seat gets comfortable. On this car - not at all. I知 wondering if there is more than just padding in the sides of the seats or if there is plastic or metal reinforcement. I知 looking into ways to do
seat modifications.

Old 09-11-2020, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by KPTX
Hi mazda_nc_dude, just got a 2018 CX-5 GT AWD with premium pkg, leather seats. Have it going on 2 weeks now, and the seats just keep getting more and more comfortable. Feels like they were custom made to fit me. Really glad I turned in the leased '15 Sante Fe Sport for the CX-5, it's so much fun to drive. Hope you're feeling better about the seats now.
I totally agree KPTX the more you sit in them the better they feel.

Old 09-11-2020, 11:47 AM

Well, after about 2.5 years of ownership, the seats feel a bit better but have not improved that much in my opinion. I would still prefer if the side bolstering was not that hard and the seat not that narrow, but I can live with it given that we do not drive that much right now anyways.

Old 09-11-2020, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by mazda_nc_dude
Well, after about 2.5 years of ownership, the seats feel a bit better but have not improved that much in my opinion. I would still prefer if the side bolstering was not that hard and the seat not that narrow, but I can live with it given that we do not drive that much right now anyways.
This is my opinion based on the things I don't love about my CX 5. Seats are one, but it isn't a deal breaker. I do agree with you that the seat aren't the best, but for me, I think they are fine, but everyone is different and I can see what you are talking about. There are other things too. However, in my opinion, the good far, far outweigh the bad.

Last edited by pcumby; 09-11-2020 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-11-2020, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by pcumby
This is my opinion based on the things I don't love about my CX 5. Seats are one, but it isn't a deal breaker. I do agree with you that the seat aren't the best, but for me i'm use to them and I think they are fine, but everyone is different and I can see what you are talking about. There are other things too. However, in my opinion, the good far, far outweigh the bad.
Agreed, as an overall package, it's one of the best compact SUV's on the market and has a very good price/benefit ratio.

Old 09-11-2020, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by mazda_nc_dude
Agreed, as an overall package, it's one of the best compact SUV's on the market and has a very good price/benefit ratio.
Excluding size and cargo space it is the best

Quick Reply: 2018 CX-5 GT Uncomfortable Leather Seats