Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2018-2019 CX-5 engine recall #3719F for the "Rocker Arm Reprogram PCM"

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by mazda_nc_dude
I already reported this issue in a different thread but since this is important I decided to open a separate thread on this.

I went to the dealer today and they took care of the CD (cylinder de-activation) engine recall #3719F for the "Rocker Arm Reprogram PCM" I asked about why the recall information still shows up as "remedy not available, incomplete" and was informed that the recall has not been officially launched yet, but they have the updated software and are able to complete the recall.

Hence, if your vehicle is affected, go ahead and stop by your dealer to have the software update performed.
Thanks for info,nc_dude! I'll have that checked out as well as the cylinder deactivation recall.

Old 09-09-2019, 10:36 AM
Default So I had the recall done> big mpg drop

Originally Posted by mazdafamilyx2
Thanks for info,nc_dude! I'll have that checked out as well as the cylinder deactivation recall.
Hi all - for those that have done the recall, has your mpg dropped? Wife’s car and she drives ‘aloha’ (55 mph in right lane) and went from 27.5 to 24.6. Anyone else have a noticeable drop?

Old 09-09-2019, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by jmk63
Hi all - for those that have done the recall, has your mpg dropped? Wife’s car and she drives ‘aloha’ (55 mph in right lane) and went from 27.5 to 24.6. Anyone else have a noticeable drop?
I had the recall done about 5 weeks ago. No noticeable change in my mileage (city or highway).

Wade

Old 09-19-2019, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by jmk63
Yes, same, I feel like that my fuel consumption increased, like from 25mg to 21 on the same kind of trip (house to work).

Old 09-19-2019, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Greg06
Yes, same, I feel like that my fuel consumption increased, like from 25mg to 21 on the same kind of trip (house to work).
I am seriously suspecting now that they disabled it either fully or in most driving conditions. If yes, they will need to do some type of reimbursement to customers.

Old 09-20-2019, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by mazda_nc_dude
I am seriously suspecting now that they disabled it either fully or in most driving conditions. If yes, they will need to do some type of reimbursement to customers.
The 2019 Mazda 6 (also under recall) displays the CD status on an economy screen. A member on another forum from Europe reports that the CD appeared to be inactive for the first approximately100 km after the recall, then began working essentially the same and as frequently as it did before the recall. He surmised that the delay was related to the learning of the ECU. If true, CD has not been deactivated.

Old 09-20-2019, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by rkmx5
The 2019 Mazda 6 (also under recall) displays the CD status on an economy screen. A member on another forum from Europe reports that the CD appeared to be inactive for the first approximately100 km after the recall, then began working essentially the same and as frequently as it did before the recall. He surmised that the delay was related to the learning of the ECU. If true, CD has not been deactivated.
I did almost 500 since the recall and things didn’t improved. I’ll try to monitor more carefully my fuel consumption and see.

Old 09-22-2019, 04:06 PM

No noticeable decrease in mileage. Took mine in for the recall. Worked fine for about a week and it's back to the herky jerky transaxle. I need to have the cylinder deactivation completely disabled. My 2014 Mazda 6 NEVER had this problem.

Old 10-13-2019, 01:17 PM
Default Just had mine done

Originally Posted by Nomad
No noticeable decrease in mileage. Took mine in for the recall. Worked fine for about a week and it's back to the herky jerky transaxle. I need to have the cylinder deactivation completely disabled. My 2014 Mazda 6 NEVER had this problem.
Can’t believe what a difference after the update - actually accelerates like it should without the massive pause before downshifting and then trying to catch up. I was so excited & hoping the problem was solved, but now I see from what your saying that it’s going to go back to that jerky, unresponsive behavior. If you find a way to get the CD disabled, let me know!!! My older Mazda 3 didn’t do that and my fiancé’s new Mazda 3 doesn’t do it either - very frustrating!!!

Old 10-13-2019, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by rkmx5
That’s very upsetting to hear. I was hoping the CD was disabled completely and my CX-5 would finally perform like a Mazda should, but it seems it will return to doing what it did before the update. There should be a choice for “eco mode” like other cars have so you can choose between better performance or better fuel economy.

Quick Reply: 2018-2019 CX-5 engine recall #3719F for the "Rocker Arm Reprogram PCM"