Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2018-2019 CX-5 engine recall #3719F for the "Rocker Arm Reprogram PCM"

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 12:44 PM
Default 2018-2019 CX-5 engine recall #3719F for the "Rocker Arm Reprogram PCM"

I already reported this issue in a different thread but since this is important I decided to open a separate thread on this.

I went to the dealer today and they took care of the CD (cylinder de-activation) engine recall #3719F for the "Rocker Arm Reprogram PCM" I asked about why the recall information still shows up as "remedy not available, incomplete" and was informed that the recall has not been officially launched yet, but they have the updated software and are able to complete the recall.

Hence, if your vehicle is affected, go ahead and stop by your dealer to have the software update performed.

Old 07-29-2019, 07:31 PM

Thank you for the information. I got the recall notice but when I went on line and looked at the recall, it says "not available, incomplete" so I did not call the dealer for an appointment. Now that I have read your post, I will visit my dealer tomorrow. Thank you.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by firefox111
Thank you for the information. I got the recall notice but when I went on line and looked at the recall, it says "not available, incomplete" so I did not call the dealer for an appointment. Now that I have read your post, I will visit my dealer tomorrow. Thank you.
You're welcome. This is indeed one of the important recalls, wondering why the roll-out of the remedy is slow.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:59 PM

My dealer was pushing the "My Mazda" app when I bought the car. The recall was issued in the app on 6/27/19 with instructions to call your dealer. When I did,, I was told the fix was available. The app has a few guides that were helpful and the contact information for road assistance. I'm not sure there was much else of interest since I plan to do my own maintenance. You might want to check it out!

Old 07-30-2019, 05:07 PM

I had the software update done but when I check my VIN, the recall still shows up for my VIN. Is this the case for you as well? As far as I know, once you have a recall done, it is entered into the system and it should not show up for your VIN anymore.

Old 07-30-2019, 06:53 PM

It took about 7 days for the recall notification to disappear.

Old 07-30-2019, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by rkmx5
Thanks much for the feedback.

Old 07-31-2019, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by rkmx5
The recall for my VIN is displaying as "closed" as of today (Wednesday). So it took 5 days in my case. Thanks again for the info.

Old 08-06-2019, 07:43 PM

Here's hoping the current turbo CX 5s are already upgraded. I'm getting a GT Reserve in October.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Litehiker
Here's hoping the current turbo CX 5s are already upgraded. I'm getting a GT Reserve in October.
The turbo engines are not affected by this recall since they do not have the cylinder deactivation. So you will be good.

Quick Reply: 2018-2019 CX-5 engine recall #3719F for the "Rocker Arm Reprogram PCM"