Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2017 cx 5 Corrosion Free Rustproofing Yes or No

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 09:32 PM
Exclamation 2017 cx 5 Corrosion Free Rustproofing Yes or No

Hello everyone. Just traded one of my Mazda 3 for a brand new 2017 Cx 5 touring .... love it ! Trying to get some feedback on getting it rust proofed. We live in the Niagara Region Ontario Canada. We have always Krown Proofed our vehicles. But have been introduced to a product called Corrosion Free Rust Proofing. Apparently it’s mineral based and environmentally friendly. 1. Anyone have any experience with this product ? 2. Thoughts about rust proofing the new 2017 cx 5 vehicles ? With all the added sound proofing and added protection I am a bit concerned about having any rust proofing done period. But am hoping to keep this cx 5 for at least 10 years. Any insight would be most appreciated. Don’t want to void any of the Mazda warranty either. Thanks. Dr M

Old 08-30-2018, 02:45 PM

Dr Music, I see that you did not get a reply from your post. I am wondering what have you done as far as rust proofing your 2017 CX5. Did you end up going to Krown or Corrosion Free ? I have 1 car rust proofed by Krown and 1 by Corrosion free. Corrosion free is less messy and drip a lot less and not as long as Krown. The car with Krown is 2007 and it is excellent shape. The one with Corrosion Free looks good but it is a 2015 and still is relatively new. My 3rd vehicle is a new 2018 Mazda CX-5 GT and I have not decided yet what rust proofing I will go for. It would be nice if you can share your experience since I have some similar concerns with what the rust proofing will do to the added sound insulation on the new CX-5. Thanks. John

Old 08-31-2018, 07:48 PM

I bought a new 1976 VW Rabbit and paid $300 for dealer rustproofing. They shot it into the door and fender panels, and I guess underneath. It was warranteed for 3 years. In the third year, the rear fender panels bubbled from internal rust. I made a claim, and found that the rustproofing policy was from a third party company whose certificate said that rust was proof that the rustproofing had not been properly applied. And they were bankrupt.

Nowadays cars are made from zinc galvanized metal that has been immersed in primer and electrostatically painted into every crevice. There is absolutely no need for aftermarket "under coating" or "rust proofing". The purpose and value of rust proofing is in your peace of mind. You will be safe because a modern car will not rust unless a panel is damaged below the galvanic coating. For any lack of rust, you will have your foresight to thank. This is what Corrosion Free and Krown live on.

Old 10-18-2021, 07:31 PM
Default Rust proofing advice

Originally Posted by Dr Music
Hello everyone. Just traded one of my Mazda 3 for a brand new 2017 Cx 5 touring .... love it ! Trying to get some feedback on getting it rust proofed. We live in the Niagara Region Ontario Canada. We have always Krown Proofed our vehicles. But have been introduced to a product called Corrosion Free Rust Proofing. Apparently it’s mineral based and environmentally friendly. 1. Anyone have any experience with this product ? 2. Thoughts about rust proofing the new 2017 cx 5 vehicles ? With all the added sound proofing and added protection I am a bit concerned about having any rust proofing done period. But am hoping to keep this cx 5 for at least 10 years. Any insight would be most appreciated. Don’t want to void any of the Mazda warranty either. Thanks. Dr M
Originally Posted by ohcanadaeh
Dr Music, I see that you did not get a reply from your post. I am wondering what have you done as far as rust proofing your 2017 CX5. Did you end up going to Krown or Corrosion Free ? I have 1 car rust proofed by Krown and 1 by Corrosion free. Corrosion free is less messy and drip a lot less and not as long as Krown. The car with Krown is 2007 and it is excellent shape. The one with Corrosion Free looks good but it is a 2015 and still is relatively new. My 3rd vehicle is a new 2018 Mazda CX-5 GT and I have not decided yet what rust proofing I will go for. It would be nice if you can share your experience since I have some similar concerns with what the rust proofing will do to the added sound insulation on the new CX-5. Thanks. John
====
Hi, please can you give me some tips on rust proofing? I just brought a 2021.5 CX5 Signature Turbo. 2 weeks old and water condensation in rear tail lights.

Which rust proof oil is best?
How has your car held up over x years after rust proofing?
How many years has your car been rust proofed?
Did you apply it yearly?
Is your car free of rust still?
Is it worth rust proofing?
Did your shop do good job rust proofing?
Which shop did you use? Would u recommend them?
I am in Toronto Halton area.
Thanks

Old 10-19-2021, 03:36 AM

I have ended up going with Krown in the end and I have been doing it annually. So far I have no problem at all with the Krown and it has no impact on the added sound proofing. My Mazda is a 2015 CX5 GT.