Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 CX-5 Wiring Diagram ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2023, 04:03 PM

There are actually three fuses:
  • 'Mirror' fuse in the Driver's kick panel
  • 'Room' fuse in the engine compartment fuse box
  • 'C/U IG1' Fuse in the engine compartment fuse box.

I suggest pulling all three fuses and leaving them out for a few minutes before reinserting. In my case, I pulled each fuse, one at a time, and tried the mirror after each one - it wasn't until after I pulled the Room fuse that the mirror started working again.

Old 03-19-2023, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bucko
There are actually three fuses:
  • 'Mirror' fuse in the Driver's kick panel
  • 'Room' fuse in the engine compartment fuse box
  • 'C/U IG1' Fuse in the engine compartment fuse box.

I suggest pulling all three fuses and leaving them out for a few minutes before reinserting. In my case, I pulled each fuse, one at a time, and tried the mirror after each one - it wasn't until after I pulled the Room fuse that the mirror started working again.
I tried all three and there is no difference in the mirror light, but I do have a check engine warning and the check engine light is on now. That might just be because the fuse was pulled or it might be something more. I will drive it tonight and see if there is any difference. If the check engine light remains on, I guess that I will have to get it to the shop in the next few days.

Old 03-19-2023, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by schmieg
I will have to try that tonight.

I removed the room fuse, but the light on the mirror didn't go on when I reinstalled it. I will wait until it's dark to try again, but I think my mirror needs replacing.
Don't want to seem like I'm asking a dumb question, but.... did you hit the mirror 'On' switch (which would turn on the dimming On indicator LED) after you reinstalled the fuse(s).

Old 03-19-2023, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bucko
Don't want to seem like I'm asking a dumb question, but.... did you hit the mirror 'On' switch (which would turn on the dimming On indicator LED) after you reinstalled the fuse(s).
Yes, several times. Also, the Homelink is working, so I would assume that would indicate that the mirror is getting juice. I took it out tonight and the mirror still did not dim and the check engine light stayed on. I don't know what those circuits cover besides the mirrors and the interior lights and gauges that would cause a CEL.