Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda CX-5 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/)
-   -   2016 CX-5 Wiring Diagram ? (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/2016-cx-5-wiring-diagram-51428/)

Bucko 03-02-2023 02:25 PM

2016 CX-5 Wiring Diagram ?

Still troubleshooting a nonworking auto dimming mirror problem. Anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for a 2016 CX-5 GT?

Lobstah 03-03-2023 06:53 AM

There are hundreds of websites offering online wiring diagrams.
I will not list any as they ALL require you disable your ad-blocker and/or pay a fee.
Which might result you getting a virus or malware.
Here's a "starting point" but you've likely seen it.

Mazda CX-5 Service & Repair Manual - Auto Dimming Mirror Inspection - Mirrors (mcx5.org)

Bucko 03-03-2023 02:49 PM

Thanks Lobstah.

schmieg 03-03-2023 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bucko (Post 213205)
Still troubleshooting a nonworking auto dimming mirror problem. Anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for a 2016 CX-5 GT?

Are you sure the mirror is working. Mine isn't and I've come to the conclusion that I need to buy a new Gentex mirror.

Bucko 03-03-2023 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by schmieg (Post 213232)
Are you sure the mirror is working. Mine isn't and I've come to the conclusion that I need to buy a new Gentex mirror.

It's definitely not working. One thing I haven't checked yet, is if it's a fuse problem. My guess is that there would be other stuff on the same fuse, so other things wouldn't be working too, but everything else seems fine. In any case, that's the reason I'm looking for a wiring diagram - to figure out which fuse it is.

Lobstah 03-03-2023 07:06 PM

Fuse locations:
Room 15A is in the passenger compartment fuse box ==> #3
C/U IG1 is in the engine compartment fuse box ==> #22
They may also control other items.
The mirror sensor itself can also fail and it can also become dirty and could be fixed by a simple cleaning.
No disassembly required; the light sensor is on the left side of mirror facing the windshield.
Mazda CX-5 Service & Repair Manual - Auto Dimming Mirror - Mirrors (mcx5.org)

Bucko 03-03-2023 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lobstah (Post 213239)
Fuse locations:
Room 15A is in the passenger compartment fuse box ==> #3
C/U IG1 is in the engine compartment fuse box ==> #22
They may also control other items.
The mirror sensor itself can also fail and it can also become dirty and could be fixed by a simple cleaning.
No disassembly required; the light sensor is on the left side of mirror facing the windshield.
Mazda CX-5 Service & Repair Manual - Auto Dimming Mirror - Mirrors (mcx5.org)

Thanks for the tips.

owynn.severiano 03-08-2023 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bucko (Post 213205)

I will not list any as they ALL require you disable your ad-blocker and/or pay a fee.

Bucko 03-19-2023 03:32 PM

Update: I think I've fixed it - it's test out OK (I still need to test it under driving conditions at night). Not sure what I did as the wiring and fuses checked out as per the manual. My theory is that since the 15A 'Room' fuse supplies power whether the ignition is on or not - by removing that fuse, the mirror CPU lost power and rebooted when I put the fuse back in, at which point the mirror started working again.

schmieg 03-19-2023 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bucko (Post 213754)
Update: I think I've fixed it - it's test out OK (I still need to test it under driving conditions at night). Not sure what I did as the wiring and fuses checked out as per the manual. My theory is that since the 15A 'Room' fuse supplies power whether the ignition is on or not - by removing that fuse, the mirror CPU lost power and rebooted when I put the fuse back in, at which point the mirror started working again.

I will have to try that tonight.

I removed the room fuse, but the light on the mirror didn't go on when I reinstalled it. I will wait until it's dark to try again, but I think my mirror needs replacing.