Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by EMAPhil
Update as promised. New module fitted. iPod connection through uSB works a treat. Playlists, last track etc. Not tried voice control yet, but never use that .

So this is the replacement module that was covered by the TSB that came out last month? And it fixed your USB playback issues?

I am just asking because I heard it does not really fix the problem completely, and if it does not, I won't bug my dealer as much as I would otherwise...

Old 08-29-2014, 12:39 PM
Default USB Connection

This is a very recent upgrade my UK dealer had not heard of it until Mazda UK called him.
I have an SL-Nav with "Mazda" radio and a series 4 iPod 8Gb.
Things fixed:
All menu items behave as expected. Song list comes up alphabetically. Playlist comes up. You can select track from either.

Playback always starts where left off

iPod is recognised by the system in about 30 seconds.

Phone on Bluetooth has finally downloaded my contacts list etc.

Not quite right: Hit pause then unpause and although the track starts up the display still says pause.

SatNav voice periodically goes very quiet.

iPod volume is loud compared to radio.

Hope this helps. If not perfect its a darn sight better than it was.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:45 PM
Default I wrote to the Pres. Of Mazda about the Audio System

Dear Dr. Merante ii,

I wanted to confirm receipt of your letter that was mailed to Mr. O'Sullivan on August 17, 2014. As previously discussed, we are very much committed to your complete satisfaction with your 2015 Mazda6 as we continue to work on better enhancing the playback functionality of your vehicle's infotainment system. Please note that we are just about completed with the Beta testing phase. In the meantime, we continue to encourage our owners to stream their music through either your vehicle’s Bluetooth system or by connecting your iPod through your vehicle’s AUX input.

Should you have additional questions or feedback, please contact me at the number below and reference your Service Request number.

Sincerely,

Jose F.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:05 AM

iPod is recognised by the system in about 30 seconds.

Are you saying that every time the car is started, it takes 30 seconds or only the first time the iPod is plugged into the car?

Old 08-30-2014, 05:44 PM

That would be every time. Which is actually quite an improvement given that it takes 5-10 minutes to scan my 32GB USB stick...

Question @ EMAPhil: I heard that even though the system now remembers the last song it was playing and even though it continues playing that song when you start up the car/system again, if it is not done scanning the USB stick/iPod/Whatever you plugged in by the time that song finishes, it reverts to play the first song on the USB stick/iPod/Whatever you plugged in rather than the song that would come next.

Can you confirm?

Old 08-31-2014, 03:25 AM

Yes it is every time, but before everyone leaps on Mazda it was pretty much the same in my Kuga, Daughters, Focus and Son in-laws Seat.

I cannot confirm the other question about it still reading and going back to track one. I leave the ipod plugged in the car pretty much all the time and haven't experienced what you describe.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:43 AM

Yes it is every time, but before everyone leaps on Mazda it was pretty much the same in my Kuga, Daughters, Focus and Son in-laws Seat.
Well, the VW CC I bought in 2009 was "instant-on" w/ an iPod. My 2014 MINI Cooper S is also "instant-on."

With the '14 CX-5's radio on, it currently takes 45 seconds for the plugged in iPod to begin playing -- the first playlist. 30 seconds in an improvement, but playing where it left off is the major benefit. It is really surprising that Mazda, and apparently others, continue to have a problem years after others got it right

Old 09-01-2014, 08:06 AM

its was also instant in both my old Mazda 5`s its also its instant in the new mazda 3 !!! . the handsfree in my 5`s worked without all the hassle you have in the cx5 .ive had the module fitted and yes its a little faster but not great it seems to have sorted the Usb connection sort of but the bluetooth connection is still fairly slow and the basic functions like shuffle still not working .its the handsfree phone system i have a problem with trying to listen to the women rabbit on you dont have full focus on the road.my old 5 all you did was press the talk button say call """" then it would call , not the cx5 .

Old 10-01-2014, 05:45 PM

I wrote Mazda again...and asked if the Beta testing of their infotainment system was done (I have a Mazda 6 2015 Touring i). They wrote back and said it was completed and they are putting out to vendors to manufacture/update was needed. They told me it will be both a software and hardware update and it will be a few months until the vendors respond.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:59 AM

I use a different MP3 player with my 2014 CX5 GT. What I am doing is pausing play on the MP3 player before I turn off the car. Disconnect the aux cord from the player and then turn off the player. Upon starting the car, I reverse by plugging in the cord, turning on the player and hit play. It returns to where I was. If I just turn off the car and then the player, it begins at the first song when I start up the car.

Quick Reply: 2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD