Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 08:51 AM

I have to agree with you Motiver. The electronics seems below par. I would keep trying the IPOD because i had the same problem for about 3 days and it just suddenly started working and has worked fine since except that it starts with the first song instead of where i left off last time like my Ford Fusion did.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:11 PM

I have an iphone 5 and I am not having that issue with my 2014. Maybe take it back to the dealer?

Old 05-21-2013, 12:28 PM

So I've got my eye on a 2014 CX-5 GS. As a music enthusiast, I am concerned that what is coming across as a minor annoyance may turn into a major one. I have a 160gb ipod classic that has about 10000 songs on it. As an owner of a 2005 MPV I've had to make to do with an FM transmitter that while functional does suffer from interference from nearby stations.
I want to be able to plug my ipod directly into either the USB port or the aux jack in the CX-5 so that I'm connected directly to the stereo and avoid the interference and audio problems associated with an FM transmitter. So...
1) Does plugging the ipod in via either the aux jack (and the headphone jack of the ipod) allow me to see the songs playing on the navigation screen?
2) Same as above, except using the USB connection?
3) If I am listening to the ipod in shuffle mode while driving and the ipod is plugged into the aux jack, then stop the car and turn off the engine, will the ipod pickup where it left off or start again from the begininng?
4) Same as above, except using the USB connection?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:59 AM

Bullwinkle, you might want to rethink buying the 2014 CX5. I have it and i can tell you I am very disappointed in the electronics and the audio quality. I'll answer your questions
1) I only use the usb connection
2) yes
3 & 4= I use the USB connection and it starts over with the first song everytime which is very annoying. Not only that it takes a good 2 minutes for the IPOD to restart. Several times I have pulled out of my driveway and reached my destination 5 mins later and the IPOD hasnt started playing yet. Also, I can't play the playlist i have set up on my IPOD in my Mazda. I had none of these issues with my Ford Fusion and Fords Sync system. It is light years ahead of the crap Mazda put in their vehicles.
Also, most of the sound comes from the front center speaker. Listening quality is poor in all modes except the IPOD which is merely acceptable.
The Pandora option is a joke. Play 2 songs if your lucky then you get the dreaded 'pandora error' flash across the screen

Old 05-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Unhappy

Just picked up 2014 CX-5, I too am having issues with iPod playback. I have a 160gb classic and my wife has a nano. Her iPod seems to do a little better but both restart and play the first song I really hope Mazda will have an answer to this soon as this is my first Mazda and already beginning to give me a bad taste in my mouth for the brand. Would going back to the dealer really help at all?

Old 05-22-2013, 10:48 AM

Thanks very helpful. These bugs with the audio need to be fixed. Although my wife likes the car so I if we do end up getting it I may have to make do with my trusty iPod FM transmitter.

Last edited by Bullwinkle; 05-22-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bullwinkle
Thanks very helpful. These bugs with the audio need to be fixed. Although my wife likes the car so I if we do end up getting it I may have to make do with my trusty iPod FM transmitter.
Why not just use a AUX cable?

Old 05-23-2013, 08:39 AM

I'm going to bring one when I bring my wife for another test drive to see how that works. Is that what you use?

Old 05-23-2013, 09:05 AM
Default FM transmitter

I've never had any luck with the FM transmitter. No power source, poor audio quality and not a stable connection. What brand are you using?

Old 05-23-2013, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bullwinkle
I'm going to bring one when I bring my wife for another test drive to see how that works. Is that what you use?
It's what I probably will start using yea. My iPod seems to only work around 40% of the time using the USB, pretty ridiculous. Either that or Bluetooth, both I would think would perform better than a FM transmitter.

Quick Reply: 2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD