Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2013 CX-5 Touring - Newly

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 11:17 PM
Default 2013 CX-5 Touring - Newly

Hey guys! Im a newly in the cx-5 world, We just got a liquid silver with 73k in amazing conditions. Our faithful 04 mazda 3 was recently totaled by a texting driver. Thanks God everyone is still in one piece. My wife a mazda aficionado wanted another mazda and we ended up getting the CX-5. I have a few questions about the CX-5's trim.

1. Our is a touring but it comes with bose speakers, leather and the engine cover is blue. Wouldn't this be a grand touring instead?

2. Just notice a few bulbs on the gear shifter and window control on the driver door are burned, is this normal?

thanks guys! Love the forum community.

Old 12-27-2018, 11:52 AM

Engine cover was blue on all 2013s as the 2.0 liter was the only engine available that year. The 2.5 with black cover became available on 2014 in higher trim levels. if your car has factory leather, it's a GT. If memory serves, the Bose stereo was standard on the GT and optional on the Touring. Window switches on the driver door do not have lights except for the driver's window. Same for the gear selector. Mazda is cheap about this sort of thing for some reason!

Old 12-27-2018, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by paris1
Engine cover was blue on all 2013s as the 2.0 liter was the only engine available that year. The 2.5 with black cover became available on 2014 in higher trim levels. if your car has factory leather, it's a GT. If memory serves, the Bose stereo was standard on the GT and optional on the Touring. Window switches on the driver door do not have lights except for the driver's window. Same for the gear selector. Mazda is cheap about this sort of thing for some reason!
Awesome to know! On the carfax shows "leather installed" by 13 miles. The seats have a "katzkin" tag on it. The leather doesn't look like cheap factory, i believe these were aftermarket seat cover. The bose stereo is amazing!.

Old 12-27-2018, 07:21 PM

Oh WOW; you lucked out! Yes, Katzkin is aftermarket leather and much better than factory. I thought about mentioning that possibility above, but it's not a common add-on for a CX-5 (although I considered doing it with mine!) so I assumed you had the factory skins. I'm currently in a protracted decision-making process about what my next car will be (next year) and one of the possibilities is a "left over" 2018 Mazda 3. Possibly in Touring trim. If I go that route, one of my thoughts is to rip out the boring black "leatherette" seating surfaces and have some nice contrasting color Katzkins installed.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:33 AM

Oh WOW; you lucked out! Yes, Katzkin is aftermarket leather and much better than factory. I thought about mentioning that possibility above, but it's not a common add-on for a CX-5 (although I considered doing it with mine!) so I assumed you had the factory skins. I'm currently in a protracted decision-making process about what my next car will be (next year) and one of the possibilities is a "left over" 2018 Mazda 3. Possibly in Touring trim. If I go that route, one of my thoughts is to rip out the boring black "leatherette" seating surfaces and have some nice contrasting color Katzkins installed.
My cousin has a 2017 and it looks really nice, in my opinion the best thing in those new models is the infomedia. With Android auto and apple play. Going back to the leather, the quality is great, my daily drive is a Odyssey and the leather is not as thick as the katzkim, i i believe the door panels were also upgraded. Most likely the car was owned by someone who really take care of cars. The carfax as well show an immaculate seevice maintenance. What do you recommend to do to the car that has 73k miles? Maintenance related.

Have a great weekend!

Old 12-28-2018, 09:12 AM

I’d just go by what the owners’ manual calls for under schedule “B” (I believe that’s what they call it-rough service). You’ll probably want to change the plugs as that’s called for at 75k. And yes, changing the door panel inserts is an option with a Katzkin do-over.

Old 01-01-2019, 10:29 AM

I’d just go by what the owners’ manual calls for under schedule “B” (I believe that’s what they call it-rough service). You’ll probably want to change the plugs as that’s called for at 75k. And yes, changing the door panel inserts is an option with a Katzkin do-over.
Awesome ill check the manual.