Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

Turn signal/hazard relay, can't find where to put the new one...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 04:13 PM
Default Turn signal/hazard relay, can't find where to put the new one...

Think that the person I bought the car off of removed the relay for the turn signals/hazard lights, now I can't find where to put the new one. The turn signals and hazards do not work, had all the wires tested to find out if they are working and its all good there. Can't find a decent close-up diagram to see what the ehck I'm doing. Bought the repair manual and that doesn't help except to give a general desc on where it MIGHT be. ARG! I am so frustrated with this, even had three different mechanics try and find out where it is suppose to go and because the old one isn't there no-one seems to be able to find the place to plug in the new one.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Default RE: Turn signal/hazard relay, can't find where to put the new one...

Oh yeah, it's a 1991 Mazda 323. Really like this car, but really tired of holding my arm out the window, it's getting really cold and rainy here in BC Canada.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:35 PM

It's under the drivers side dash at the steering column. There is a removable relay panel there that it plugs into. Bit hard to get to but it's there.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:22 PM

Thank you, will try that. My gas gage stopped working today too, it's stuck about at halfway and won't move. Any ideas?

Old 10-23-2007, 05:54 AM

Usually the sending unit in the tank. Remove the backseat bottom for easy access to the pump.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:41 AM

Well, the good news is that I got the flashers/hazards working. Turns out the shop sold me the totally wrong part in the first place and the plug-in for the unit that I got to replace it was right where it was suppose to be. LOL. As for the gas gage, I thank you yet again. I haven't had the time yet to pull the seat out, but will get to that soon too. Is this another relay I need to repalce or?

Old 10-25-2007, 09:47 AM

No relay involved. Most likely just needs a sending unit which bolts to the pump.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:49 AM

Yeah. I will have to try and find the part then, its really wonky, was reading half a tank and stuck there till this morning, when I'm pretty sure I was close to being out of gas. It read empty and I filled the tank, now it reads as being half full. LOL. Ended up having to get the relay for the turn signals from the dealer, so I'm guessing same goes for the part for the tank. Freaking expensive, but, I imagine worth it in the long run. New engine only has about 30k clicks on it now and it's running awesome. Most likely the best car I've had yet, as far as second hand vehicles go. Thanks TONS for the help.

Old 02-23-2020, 07:35 AM
Default Blinker relay

Please tell me how to fix this problem?!?!?