Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

Ran the car for a while without oil..

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Question Ran the car for a while without oil..

I was going on a little roadtrip to the cabin, and when we were getting closer, we noticed that the enginge were very hot and that when we pushed the pedal i wouldn't hardly give any acceleration, so we stopped it and let it cool down, when we started it again it was a bit cooler, so we let the motor heat go in, and that helped a lot on the motor heat, but we had to push it a little up the hills and parked as fast as we could.

When we arrived i checked the oil to see how much there was, and the pin was all dry. So i just let it be there and filled it up with 1 litre semi synthetic oil. (and were going to fill it all up when i came home). When i pushed the pedal it got going again and the acceleration was fine, and we drove home without problems. The day after i was going on erends, and the acceleration started to be wierd, so i stopped as fast as i can and filled it up with 2more litres of semi synthetic oil. And drove off again,, and i drove it for a little while, 1/2-1hour and on my way home it started to get wierd again, so i filled it up with 1litre semisynthethic oil. But this time it won't start.

Any suggestions? Did i destroy the motor? May it be that it's not the motor oil that's a lack of, buth transmission oil or such? Could it be the oil filter?

the car didn't cost much,, so im wondering if i should just pawn it, or go home mechanic on it.

And the reason because i didn't check the oil earlier, is my naive trust in the oil lamp..