Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

ran from the cops

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Default ran from the cops

so i just left my friend's house last night, at i think midnite ish, and i decided to go to my old highschool, notre dame and do some drifting (in my 3) in the empty parking lots where every smokes at lunch (we callthe area'smoker's')
anyways, once again, im having a blast (p.s. i live in canada, so we have a bunch of snow up here) and then i put it into reverse and do some donuts (so my car is tecnically rwd, lol)
and then i see what i thought was a taxi cab drive besides my school.
so i think nothing of it, until he puts his lights on.
OH ****!!!
so now im like, well i have 2 choices here,
1) get busted for drifting,get 6 points, careless driving, my parents murder me, make me pay my own lease, my own insurance, etc.
and then my insurance would cancel me, cuz i already have 3 points (it used to be 6 for careless driving)
2) BOOK IT!!!!

so guess which option i chose?
clearly it was option #2
so i raced out of the parking lot, turned my system off, along with my head lights, anddrove homeas fast as possible (not literally, but you know what i mean)

so that was my night. im pretty sure the cop was just trying to scare me off, but whatever.

Old 01-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Default RE: ran from the cops

Sounds like you need to cut out the bull$hit.

Driving at midnight with your lights off is a good way to kill someone, so is running from the cops.

How much prouder would your parents have been if instead of the 6 points, you also received Felony evading, reckless endangerment, etc charges against you. That's assuming the chase doesn't end up in a wreck at which point you can be charged with vehicular manslaughter or assault with a motor vehicle....

Bad idea.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:02 PM

a) i turned off my lights when i got close tothis onestop sign, in case the cop was coming up from that road, when i saw that he wasnt, i turned them on....so they were off for maybe 5 seconds. and there was street lights anyways, and i constantly forget to turn them on anyways.
b) when i said "as fast as i could" i meant i got out of there the fastest way i could (shortcuts, etc)
c) if the cop pulled me over farther down the road, i woulda said i didnt see him, cuz my rear end was facing him.
d) im pretty sure he was just trying to scare me off, cuz if he actually did want to bust me, he woulda pulled into the parking lot where i was, not into the road that goes around ND, thats not even attached to the parking lot. which is why i ran, cuz i figured by the time i got outta the parking lot, he'd jut be turning around, so i had plenty of time.
e) i dont speed on snowy roads, its just plain stupid, cuz the roads were curvy, so if i slipped, id end up sliding into something and wrecking my car

i know what i did was stupid, and i'll probably never do that again.

Old 01-30-2007, 03:43 AM

i really cant say anything cuz ive done the same thing except for the driving with the lights off. Side note i had a blast "drifting" in the snow cuz its my first time ever, one thing i noticed though my car had overheated cuz i hadent givin the thought to pay attention to it until i started to smell something other than me burning rubber, it scared me a little but i started to get the hang of it, but we were drifting at the ripken stadium and had our own little comp i placed 3rd, anyway my friends also turn ther lights when running from the cops sometimes but they also park there car somewhere and they get out and walk somewhere else for a little while.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:16 PM

I agree with sslature, reguardless of excuses. That is why we have racetracks.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:30 PM

not a good choice, even if he pulled you over he might of given you a warning

Old 01-31-2007, 02:26 AM

the closest "race track" we have around here is the Cayuga drag strip, and thats about an hour away, at least.

and i was just drifting, nothing serious, just a little late night fun.

and i wieghed out my options first before i booked it, it woulda taken me about 2 seconds to get out of there, and it woulda taken him way longer, cuz he would of had to do a 3 point turn, then exit the parking lot. by that time, i would have been clear outta sight.

and bill1986, the key word there is MIGHT. he might have given me a warning, or he woulda seen that i had a careless driving charge from last year, and figured, this punk clearly hasnt learned his lesson, so heres another careless driving charge. i cant afford another careless driving charge, and im not losing my license when i have a sweet brand new mazda3, which i love to death.

and i was also told (by a friend) that cops cant pull you over if your in a parking lot, cuz it's private property.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:34 PM

Your friend is wrong....I do have to say this, doing a little drifting in an empty parking lot (in snow) to learn how to handle your car should it skid shouldn't be an issue. (Hard to use that excuse if you're doing reverse doughnuts.....)

What was the careless driving for last time? Did you learn your lesson from that experience?

Old 01-31-2007, 05:15 PM

i agree, your friend is wrong, why wont a cop pull you over while your on private property, even if you were parked he have been a dick and towed your ride. Its called tresspassing, yeah i woulda been scared and ran too if i was in your situation, but then realizing that he wasent gonna chase me cuz he wouldnt have gotten anywhere (trust me its happened before....yes it was funny) he just wanted to scare me off. If you think about it say he did get you and gave you a ticket, i wouldnt have sweat it, id just fight it in court and tell them straight up, that nobody was there and i was having a little fun in a controlled environment.

Old 01-31-2007, 05:47 PM

Detinger, when you say ND, are you referring to the ND that's around Port Colborne and Lakeshore High School?

Quick Reply: ran from the cops