Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

Please help car wont start or stalls out.

Old 02-10-2007, 03:58 PM
Default Please help car wont start or stalls out.

I have a 1993 Mazda 626 2.0 engine with 137,000 miles on it. my car seems to stall out imediately when it starts up. so b4 i cut my car on i turn the key (like if i was gonna jus listen to the radio) and listen to see if my coolin fan comes on if it does i know my car wont start for some reason, and as soons as the fans cuts off it starts jus fine. also sometimes while the fan is running (while egnine is not on) theres a clicking noise coming from the fuse box under thehood.now i took it to a car shop and said my distributer was bad got that fixed and a couple of days later now its doin it again. its seems to only do it once my car has been sittin for a while. even sometimes while im driving after like 5 mins or so, the check engine light will flash for a sec and thecar will studder and as soon as i stop the car itwill stall and those damn fans will be running and the car wont start back up. i got my coolant temp sensor replaced yesertday i it ran fan, only the fan was on the whole time i drove it. and this morning i went to cut the car on the problem came back, car wont start up and fan is running. please help me with this.

also my car idles really low, i have been told i had a check engine code "26" come up "purge control" i dont know if that has somethin to do wit it but please help me out.

Old 02-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Default RE: Please help car wont start or stalls out.

My Mazda had a serious idling problem one time, took the mechanic a week to figure it out and it turned out to be a vaccum leak. Not sure if that is your problem though. Also you never said what type of Mazda you had or what engine you got. Also how many miles do you have on the engine? Good Luck!!

Old 02-12-2007, 07:46 PM

When you are saying that the car won't start are you meaning that engine cranks over normally but will just not start up or is the engine not cranking over at all or slowly? It sure does sound like your A/C compressor is starting to seize up and dragging the engine down to the point where it will stall. The fact that your fans are running when you go to start in morning would also point to the compressor and condenser fan operating and not the actual cooling fan as engine is still cold. I think I would try to disconnect the A/C compressor first to see if things clear up after that. Best way would be to just unplug the single wire, single pin connector off of the compressor itself. You could also remove the 30A A/C fuse or A/C relay but this will disable compressor and fan and we just want to isolate out the compressor to start.

Old 02-12-2007, 07:57 PM

dbaty cant ut read lol he wrote it in the first line :P
I have a 1993 Mazda 626 2.0 engine with 137,000 miles on it.
2.0L engine means its a 4cyl lol if that helps u out any...

Old 02-14-2007, 01:55 PM

When I mean the car wont start im sayin that it will crank normally and sometimes slow but will not start up. Ok to dissconnect the AC compresser how do I do that?

Old 02-15-2007, 08:40 AM

Hey dave87, don't even know how I missed that. Aw what a stressful life we live in anymore LOL.

Old 02-16-2007, 03:14 PM

Just unplug the single wire connector from the A/C compressor clutch djwho. At the front of the compressor where the belt is you will see a single black wire. Follow that wire a ways untill you come across the connector and unplug. Maybe easier just to pull the A/C fuse. It is located in fuse/relay box under the hood. Underside of box cover should show you which fuse is the 40 Amp A/C fuse. If no label then look for a rowof 6 large fuses. Might be missing one out of the middle if you do not have ABS. Should be a large 100A fuse, then below that the row should be 40A, 60A, 60A, 40A, 30A, 40A. That last 40 A will be the A/C fuse.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:58 AM

alright i took of the fuse and it seems like it worked i guess, i have not tried driving it but it has not stalled ou, but when that cooling fan comes on it never goes off now. so what does that mean and what does that mean about the fuse thing.