Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

need help finding TSS, daughter's 1st car

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Default need help finding TSS, daughter's 1st car

Hello all, I need help with a part location. I recently purchased a 2002 626, 2.0,
4-cylinder, automatic transmission, for my daughter’s first car. I had been looking for about a month. I found this one and was “worked” into buying it by lies, seemingly low price, people calling in to seller while I was viewing it (I now suspect these were fake calls) and just plain tired of driving all over town looking for a car. The seller claimed her mother in law was the original owner (the car wasn’t in the seller’s name) and all services had been done and the car was in good mechanical condition. And in my opinion it does run and shifts well. I bought and brought the car home where I did a carfax report and found out there were 5 previous owners and the first owner was a rental company. I went out and inspected the car again and saw that the check engine light was not coming on with the key turned on. With a quick scanner attached a P0715 fault comes up “turbine speed sensor malfunction”. This has been long winded, I apologies for that, what I need to find out is where exactly this sensor is so I can inspect it and the connector & wiring. And any tips on testing this sensor. I did take the instrument cluster out and checked the “check engine” bulb and found it still plugged in but the glass was busted. I have seen filaments burned but never the glass completely gone I can only speculate it was tampered with. I changed the bulb and it now lights up. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Ray