Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 09:20 AM
Default HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK sum 1 help me.... this is what happened.. i went outside to warm my car a 1998 mazda 626 up b4 work... well i go out to go to work and there's this puddle of transmission fluid under my car and all in front of my car.... i mean it look like all my fluid drained out... of course i didnt drive it... but well what the heck happened.... ok heres a lil detail of what was goin b4 this happened... my car would sumtimes make a grindin noise when it changed gear in the lower gears.. not all the time but every once in a while.. well i go take it to get my transmission fluid flushed and new put in and then it stopped... well a few days ago.... it started again.. not that bad but like 3 times at the most... and then that happened...... what do i need to look for?? i'm goin to try and see maybe if its the plug that came out when i started my car... cuz i'm thinkin maybe that the guys who changed it out didnt tighten it enough..... WHAT DO YA'LL THINK IT IS? PLS HELP ME !!!!!

Old 02-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Default RE: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sudden loss of fluid has to come from somewhere...It's either the fill or drain plug, or a seal between the engine/transmission. Those are the only places tranny fluid can go. (I assume the fluid is red?)

Old 02-07-2007, 12:57 PM

yes the fluid is red...

Old 02-07-2007, 10:24 PM

Definitely check the drain plug but if they just did a full flush and not a drain and fill then check the cooler lines to the radiator or oil to air cooler if one has been installed. One these lines are typically removed in order to completly flush the fluid. Perhaps a hose clamp was not installed correctly and the line blew off. That would dump 3-4 quarts out in about 30 seconds.