Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

Ecu replasement problem!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 02:47 AM
Unhappy

I replaced the engine and radiator and the car refused to start afterwards. Towed it to the agents who told me that it lost the 5v circuit that supplies the sensors on the engine with power. They put a 5v probe on it and it started. They then sent it away to 2 places that tested it. Found nothing wrong and now its completely dead. The agents also checked the wiring loom for continuity... No problems there. My car has been there for a month now and the agents have been really helpfull. They are only charging me 2 hours for spending 2 days on it trying to figure out the problem. Now we are all searching for a computer as i dont think i should continue to send it to people... The last guys i spoke to wants to charge me R 350 just to test it... I do that i10 times i might as well buy a spitronics aftermarket engine management system for R 3500 and install it myself. Its very simple and user friendly instructions a toddler can follow,... would have prefered to keep the car original though.. So if i can find a replacement at a decent price say under 2 grand i'd consider it as nobody gives any guarantee on electronics.. Its taking a fat chance. My gut tells me to rather get a brand new management system. Oh.. the guy at the agents thats been helping me won best technician in the country in 2010... This guy knows Mazda's.. You explain your problem to him and he tells you exactly which circuits stay on or shuts down during cranking etc... What do you guys think...? New management system.... Seeing that a new ECU from the agents is R 44 000

Worth more than the car...

Old 10-08-2012, 12:54 AM

Hi, what car do you have?

Old 10-08-2012, 05:57 AM
Wink

Mazda 626 Facelift ( The very last obes sold in South Africa before the Mazda 6. Vin Nt JM6GF10S200202991. Its a 2.0L 16v FS Engine Manual transmission with immobilizer. I bought the Spitronics management system and it should be arriving later today. Will take some pics and keep you guys posted on how it goes. The guys at Spitronics do PCM's for automatic gearboxes also. So to the guy that started the topic,.. if you dont come right you may want to consider looking at Spitronics - Homepage. The drawings, software and installation manual is on there. So you can view the product before you buy. Their prices are very reasonable. I had to get the most advanced system for a 4 cylinder vehicle and it cost me R 3500... about $400 or 300 euro or 250 pounds. This may seem expensive abroad because cars are very cheap compared to what you earn there. Here in South Africa a new luxury sedan costs the same as a small house..So i don't think i need to say that we are more likely to spend money fixing our cars than just buying a new one. And public transport here is starting to pick up but is still far from say London... I lived there for 2 and a half years. There i bought a Nissan sunny on my credit card for 300 pounds because my other car broke down.. cars are really cheap there.

Old 01-01-2015, 02:56 PM

where do i find the ecu on my mazda 1992