Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

94 626 WON'T START AGAIN, KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS BUT NEED ADVICE

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Default 94 626 WON'T START AGAIN, KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS BUT NEED ADVICE

I FIGURED OUT WHY IT WONT START, MY SPARK PLUGS ARE GETTING SATURATED WITH OIL IN THE REAR SECTION(MAINLY THE MIDDLE ONE ON THE REAR THREE SPARK PLUGS),, AFTER IT SNOWED HERE LAST WEEK IT WOULDNT START, I PULLED THE PLUGS FOUND THEM COVERED IN OIL IN THAT REAR PLUG LOCATION, I CHANGED THE PLUGS AND IT STARTED UP FINE, BUT RAN WITH A SLIGHT MISS, BUT RAN ALL WEEK. IT SNOWED HERE AGAIN TODAY, AND I WENT TO START IT AND ITS DOING THE SAME THING AGAIN.

I KNOW THAT MY REAR VALVE COVER IS LEAKING, BUT DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO FIX IT , ITS LIKE A $500 JOB AT LEAST AT STRAUSS THATS WHERE I HAD IT ESTIMATED. IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THE OIL IS COMING FROM THERE INTO THE SPARK PLUG AREA? ALSO I PUT THICKER OIL INTO MY ENGINE(RECOMMENDED BY A MECHANIC TO SLOW DOWN THE VALVE COVER LEAKS, AS THEY BOTH ARE LEAKING FRONT AND REAR), IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THE THICKER OIL IS CLOGGING CAUSE OF ITS THICKNESS INTO THE SPARK PLUG AREA CAUSING THIS AS WELL, OR IS IT SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE COLD? SHOULD I TRY AN OIL RESISTANT PLUG, I PUT PLATNUM PLUGS IN OR ARE THEY OIL RESISTANT PLUGS? SOMEONE MENTIONED TO USE OIL RESISTANT PLUGS TO ME TODAY. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

AS ALWAYS I APPRECIATE YOU GUYS AND ANY INFO THAT YOU CAN PROVIDE, THIS IS A REAL HELP TO ME, CAUSE I REALLY DONT HAVE THE INCOME TO TROUBLE SHOOT THESE PROBLEMS AT A SHOP OR EVEN HAVE IT REPAIRED AT ONE,

THANKS A MILLION TIMES
CUGENE

Old 03-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Default RE: 94 626 WON'T START AGAIN, KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS BUT NEED ADVICE

IF the valve cover gasket is leaking externally it is also the source of leakage into the spark plug wells. There is really no other way for oil to get in there. If you look at the front set of spark plug holes you will see that it is a smooth cylinder from the bottom up to almost the top, then there is a small gap and then the metal from the valve cover. Thatgap is where the gasket and oil leakage is at.I have temporarily sealed the front plug wells up by cleaning carefully with brake cleaner to remove all oil and then just smearing a good layer of gray silicone sealer around the gap, let it cure and worked great for a good amount of time. The problem with attempting this in the rear plug wells is a complete lack of access due to the intake manifold being in the way. If you could think of a way to clean the rear wells out good and apply some silicone then might work for a while untill you could get the gaskets replaced.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:15 PM
Default RE: 94 626 WON'T START AGAIN, KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS BUT NEED ADVICE

hey babyhuey thanks for the advice i will def try what you said the only thing i need to ask you and this may sound a little blokheaded , but you mean apply the silicone with the spark plugs removed right? down in the bottom of the hole where there would be this gap that you mentioned.

and again i really appreciate you being there for me, i mean i can use a tool but without the right knowledge whats the point right!

thanks man i hope i can return the favor somehow someday.

cugene