Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

The 626 from hell

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Default The 626 from hell

I got a 1994 Mazda 626 the last week of December in 2006. It ran fine until the 2nd week of January 2007. This is when the car started acting up. The thermostat went on it so I decided to change it also change out the upper and lower radiator hoses and the belts for the power steering and alternator. Okay all good right... no about a week after fixing that the water pump decided it hated life and crap out on me. Thus began working on the car again. I got the water pump and the timing belt, since I was going to be in that area I figured why not change it out,and the repair book found at most auto part stores. Got the water pump on then configured the timing as the repair guild said to put it all together. Just my luck the timing was way off. Running out of idea's on where to find the correct configuration I cam on here and babyhuey got me on the right track. I tore the into the car again fixed the timing to what specs I had gotten and tried to start it up. Worked like a charm so I reassembled everything and jumped in the car started it up to make sure nothing else had been wrong. Well the plastic piece for the upper radiator hose to go over decided to break. I’m thinking to myself this is getting ridiculous. Well I go out get a pipe to place over it for the time being going some sealant and clamped the hose down waited for it to dry. I figure might as well do this for now to make sure there is nothing else wrong with it. Well started it back up, I’m going to add to I had been putting coolant into the radiator before I started it up to make sure it was full, there was another leak. It looked as if it was coming from the water pump. At this point I’m about to lose my mind. Then I looked again and the bottom radiator hose was cut open from the power steering belt. Somehow it got pressed up against it and it just tore it open. That basically where I end this story due to that’s where I’m at now. I figured I would share with you the entire 626 daemon car story that like to have me run full circle. However when the car ran it ran nice just seems I had hit that mark for the rain to hit.