Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

323 electrical diagram-- need help fast!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Default 323 electrical diagram-- need help fast!

Hi!

First things first-- I have a 1989 mercury tracer. As near as I can tell, the only difference is that ford had slightly different body panels put together in mexico, had the rims stamped with 'ford' (I replaced a bent one with an identical 323 rim), and the radio was ford brand too... that's it. When I've needed parts, I've always gone to the mazda dealership when rockauto can't help.

I'm here because people still care about the 323-- and there's no forum for the tracer!

OK so here's what happened.
My friend was commuting with the car when first the speakers got quiet, then the lights dimmed, then the blower fan for the climate control slowed, and the wipers slowed down too! ...then all four of these things finally shut off totally.
Maybe there was more; these are all that she observed.

The engine was fine.

When she pulled over in concern and called me, I asked her to restart the car and the car started up fine, too.

SO, not battery or alternator. If the alternator dies then the battery keeps running everything for as many miles as it can before it dies too; if the battery dies the alternator keeps running everything until you shut it off. The car kept going (alternators good) and started up fine again afterwards (battery's not dead).

Moving on.
I can't imagine it's a fuse. a) they blow, not 'weaken' b) one fuse for ALL of those things? but you know, if there is a 40amp fuse for all of those things, or a relay for whatever reason, please let me know!
I strongly suspect I'm looking for a single wire that is loose or corroded, and slowly lost contact becoming higher resistance until it came away completely.
A single point of power for wipers, blower fan, speakers, and headlights.

I have no wiring diagram and it's 5F outside; hoping someone here has a wiring diagram and can direct me right too it?
There can't be very many wires that power all 4 of those things; there can't be too many options here.

thanks so much!!!

Old 12-13-2013, 06:00 PM

give me an email address and i will send you the one i have from the haynes manual ¨323 & protegé 1990 thru 2000