Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

2000 Mazda 626 - Will Not Crank - No Response On Turning The Key

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 08:10 PM
Default 2000 Mazda 626 - Will Not Crank - No Response On Turning The Key

I came back from work yesterday and parked the car and everything was fine. This morning I tried to start the car, I got like half a crank and then nothing...absolutely nothing as I turn the key, its like the starter is not connected to the engine.

When I turn the key to halfway point, in the "On" position I get all the lights and everything works, the radio/CD player works, windows work, horn works, door lights work so I know it is not the battery. I still tried to jumpstart it and it had no impact (btw, the battery is only 10 months old Interstate battery so that is another reason I am eliminating it as a potential problem area), once I turn the key past the halfway point there is no response, no clicking noise or no nothing. Just dead silence.

At first I thought the car ran out of gas as I was getting the low fuel light for the last 2 days eventhough the car was only drive about 15 miles after that. So today I got like 2 gallons of gas and put it in the car to eliminate that as a possibility, it did not make any difference after putting the gas in the car and even trying to jumpstart the car.

At this point the only way I can get it even looked at is by getting it towed to a mechanic.

Any idea what could be wrong with it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks [/align]